• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    The mall is not gun friendly but I think if the restaraunt has a door which you can access without entering the mall, then there in ends the malls' "authority." Because although they lease the space from Simon, that doesn't grant them the authority to hinder their business. Hence, if the restaraunt has no problem with it, the it doesn't matter what the mall says. :twocents:

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney and this is in NO way legal advice. :D
    Yeah applebees is in the mall.. where a bjs is kinda a stand alone in the parking lot. The newer restaurants are like the metropolis mall.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    My wife and I have never had problems OCing in Avon's TGIF. Haven't been there in a couple months, but no issues thus far. Is this a new policy?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My wife and I have never had problems OCing in Avon's TGIF. Haven't been there in a couple months, but no issues thus far. Is this a new policy?
    Apparently you're not the only one. So, I think it's safe to assume it was just the policy of that particular manager. :dunno: I will probably try to give them a call in the next few days to talk to the GM and inquire about it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Okay, I read the whole story... and the first 5 pages of this thread, and I have to chime in.
    As mentioned your wife did a great job, but I feel your pain with wanting to educate them.

I wanted to comment on the Applebee's thing since I work at one. It is company policy to not allow EMPLOYEES to carry a gun while working (I have done so when closing before) but there is no policy about guests. We have had guests carry in our store (Bloomington) without issue. Mr. Habib has actually been one of them :) I have actually pointed out people who were carrying to my managers specifically so that they could notice that they were not causing any issues and were more valuable customers than those who weren't (from a security POV). I know Bloomington is a liberal town, but most of the time it is the manager's decision to enforce a made up policy on the spot. That is why I like to try to educate them (and ask to see a copy of the policy to prove that it is indeed not a real policy).

Go for you...apparently your manager is pretty reasonable. We used to go to that Applebee's fairly often, but haven't been in a few months. If you see a guy wearing some University of Tennessee garb, stop by and say 'hi'.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    It seems like all the issues with these restaurant or public store problems is people open carry and other people freak out. I said this in another thread, and it is conceal carry. It'll set your mind at ease still because your gun is still there and it'll set uneducated and squimish anti gun people in a false sense of ease.

this again...really?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I bet if 50-60 people decided to stop in for lunch or dinner at The avon location they would not ask anyone to leave or place weapons in their auto's.. they would never dare to upset such a large group of people..

And policy would change once they had 50 or so phone calls to corp.. by 50 different people..

This was my thought pattern on these types of establishments. Unless they have a "no gun" sign on the door why not do a meet n greet/ oc event there? Even 15-20 that shows up as a group probably would not be asked to leave.

And yes I know the sign carries no weight of law but if it is there advertised policy then they will probably just call the cops.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    This was my thought pattern on these types of establishments. Unless they have a "no gun" sign on the door why not do a meet n greet/ oc event there? Even 15-20 that shows up as a group probably would not be asked to leave.

And yes I know the sign carries no weight of law but if it is there advertised policy then they will probably just call the cops.

We had a meet and greet a few months ago with another group of gun owners (about 15 of us) and we were asked to leave after ordering even though no sign was posted.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    After talking to my friend, it is indeed a company policy. However, there a couple of managers at that location who do not enforce it. Turns out you ran into one of them that does.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    $$" card to give to managers of businesses who openly welcome carriers such as The Tilted Kilt downtown Indy.?? I started on such cards, but so many irons in the fire I was never able to finish it.

Well, I for one always try to support businesses that support OC or CC. So I guess that means I need to visit the Tilted Kilt next time I am in Indy. ;)

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    we were leaving fridays tonight and i noticed the no firearms sticker on the front glass. If I had seen it before eating I would have went to a more 2a friendly establishment! i guess I know what I can put on the survey!

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Not to sidetrack this thread, but I have something interesting. There are many times where people post stories on INGO about a particular police department, officer, or restaurant and their good or bad experience carrying a firearm there. Often times people will say they will put that place on their no-go list and I wonder if that will have any real effect. Sometimes, it turns out that the experience is good and the place is highly recommended. Just for the heck of it, I decided go Google "TGI Friday, Avon, Gun" and guess what***, this thread shows up! You can probably Google any place, with the proper key words and find out how good or bad they are on 2A. Using good keywords in our posts will make whoever you are talking about famous for a long time.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I frequent the Friday's in TH weekly and I've never had a problem. I've carried in other TGIF Friday's for many years and Never have had a problem or have ever seen a no Guns sign. I do not field strip my firearm on the table or bar, and I do not sweep the establishment patrons checking for field of view. I order, eat, drink, pay the bill and go on my way and never a word said. A little discretion and common sense goes a long way.

Top Bottom