• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Obviously most of us here are fairly preparedness minded. We all have extra food, ways to procure water, plenty of firepower and can handle many situations put towards us with ease, grace and discipline. Does anyone else consider themselves what I would call a comfort prepper? Obviously, we want to be as comfortable as possible when SHTF, but there are certain items that are not essential comfort items that are just things you personally would need to keep sane, comfy, some semblance of normality. I wanna know about them. What are the strange little things you stock up on that are not the ordinary for most people that make you comfortable? Mine would be houseshoes and robes. I always have at least three to four pairs of slippers and three robes on hand. I use em when I let my dog out, when I shower, when I'm lounging around the house, when I'm entertaining guests of the opposite gender, etc etc. Its definatley a non essential, but for me my life is much more comfortable if I have a good pair of slippers and a comfortable robe. What are your weird comfort items that you keep a solid supply of?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Obviously most of us here are fairly preparedness minded. We all have extra food, ways to procure water, plenty of firepower and can handle many situations put towards us with ease, grace and discipline. Does anyone else consider themselves what I would call a comfort prepper? Obviously, we want to be as comfortable as possible when SHTF, but there are certain items that are not essential comfort items that are just things you personally would need to keep sane, comfy, some semblance of normality. I wanna know about them. What are the strange little things you stock up on that are not the ordinary for most people that make you comfortable? Mine would be houseshoes and robes. I always have at least three to four pairs of slippers and three robes on hand. I use em when I let my dog out, when I shower, when I'm lounging around the house, when I'm entertaining guests of the opposite gender, etc etc. Its definatley a non essential, but for me my life is much more comfortable if I have a good pair of slippers and a comfortable robe. What are your weird comfort items that you keep a solid supply of?

the-continental-3.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I may or may not have a nice stockpile of alcoholic beverages. It's not just to drink, but to barter with, and could be used to sterilize wounds.
    I have a lot of beer brewing equipment, but stockpiling some of the ingredients can be tricky. I could see myself making a lot of wine if we return to a bare bones existence.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I thought a lot about botanicals...things you can use to make cures, lotions and tonics. I've planted Marshmallow plants around the pond this year, they should be good to go for harvest in a couple of years and can be used for a lot of things cure wise. I also picked up a few thousand Chamomile seeds as the wife will definitely want some calming tea if the SHTF.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Stand by while I show either my age or my ignorance, but I didn't know marshmallows grew on plants....

I see Spencer beat me with a link.

The popular confection was actually created to get the kids to eat their Marshmallow plant; as far back as the Roman Empire. I've actually found some old recipes and the kids (young and old) love them.

Here's a link that has some more medicinal weight to it: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...774&activeIngredientName=MARSHMALLOW&source=2

You're not alone on not knowing about this, I personally don't know anyone who knew this; even people who considered themselves herb smart. We have forgotten so much...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Charmin, not that crazy talk of 1000 foot rolls of thin sandpaper, but CHARMIN! That is comfort prepping! TP is my only downfall in the prep plans, as I can't bug with a lifetime supply of the good stuff without a 53' trailer or three!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Its definatley a non essential, but for me my life is much more comfortable if I have a good pair of slippers and a comfortable robe. What are your weird comfort items that you keep a solid supply of?

Baby wipes.

You can use them to clean the house, your hands, clothing, or your dog blossom and prevent the rr. Great things to have.

bamtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    Bloomington
    Baby wipes.

You can use them to clean the house, your hands, clothing, or your dog blossom and prevent the rr. Great things to have.

I cant even go without em now. Always have a massive stockpile, and a few individually wrapped wet ones wherever I go. Once you start, you just cant go back. Someone online summed it up pretty nicely: If you got sh*t smeared on your face, would you just grab some dry toilet paper and wipe it off? Didn't think so.

Top Bottom