• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is not new. It's good that it's getting reported by others than Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and the like. But liberals have been PC-a-fying college campuses for decades now.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    If you read the linked article, it indicates that both liberal and conservative student groups are equally affected because universities charge a fee for public congregation.

Now, let me ask: what about the many private universities there? As private corporations -- and universities are corporations, make not mistake about that -- are they obligated to protect the freedom of speech?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you read the linked article, it indicates that both liberal and conservative student groups are equally affected because universities charge a fee for public congregation.

Now, let me ask: what about the many private universities there? As private corporations -- and universities are corporations, make not mistake about that -- are they obligated to protect the freedom of speech?

I read the article. I stand by my statement. Liberals have been cracking down on "speech" that offends certain groups of people for decades. When you endeavor to keep people from being offended, you'll enact rules that will sometimes come back and bite you too. I somehow doubt liberal and conservative groups are equally affected.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I read the article. I stand by my statement. Liberals have been cracking down on "speech" that offends certain groups of people for decades. When you endeavor to keep people from being offended, you'll enact rules that will sometimes come back and bite you too. I somehow doubt liberal and conservative groups are equally affected.

Your statement has nothing to do with the article, though. It's more like free association.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Both are affected...... on paper.
    Granted, this was about 10 years ago, but I remember a conservative group going to the "free speech" zone, yet the vegans were allowed in a main hall. I was told, the vegans were "not protesting", just educating.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Both are affected...... on paper.
    Granted, this was about 10 years ago, but I remember a conservative group going to the "free speech" zone, yet the vegans were allowed in a main hall. I was told, the vegans were "not protesting", just educating.

Separate but equal?

Top Bottom