• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Everything I see makes me believe it is a mountain lion. I’ve never seen a ML in the wild, but I have seen Bobcats
    Just my opinion (and several others that have seen the pic)

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    id say DNR was correct, bobcat. I worked for the HNF in 2017 and saw many bobcats in the Paoli area. zooming in it looks like a lack of tail and fluffy cheeks to me. the white fluff on the cheeks is usually the giveaway but it’s hard to make out in this pic. butterweed only grows 2-3’ tall so those yellow plants give a decent scale for estimating size - this cat is a bit small. super cool to see nonetheless. maybe not if chickens are nearby lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    id say DNR was correct, bobcat. I worked for the HNF in 2017 and saw many bobcats in the Paoli area. zooming in it looks like a lack of tail and fluffy cheeks to me. the white fluff on the cheeks is usually the giveaway but it’s hard to make out in this pic. butterweed only grows 2-3’ tall so those yellow plants give a decent scale for estimating size - this cat is a bit small. super cool to see nonetheless. maybe not if chickens are nearby lol
    My thoughts were identical to yours until 'this cat is a bit small'. I would have estimated this kitty to be adult and average. How big do you estimate a bobcat to be if it were large among its peers? I ask because I do not know. My sightings have only been glimpses; usually as they very skillfully avoid me!

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    My thoughts were identical to yours until 'this cat is a bit small'. I would have estimated this kitty to be adult and average. How big do you estimate a bobcat to be if it were large among its peers? I ask because I do not know. My sightings have only been glimpses; usually as they very skillfully avoid me!
    I meant that as - a bit small to be a mountain lion. for a bobcat it looks to be well-fed, doing-alright size lol

Top Bottom