• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The length to height of the cat does look more like a mountain lion than a bobcat at first glance but a close look reveals it is clearly a bobcat.

People wonder why the DNR so often (accurately) tells people that they haven't seen a mountain lion, this is a good example how easy it is to be mistaken.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    It would be an easy way to prove the Lion’s are here debate but no one ever wants to bring those pics to the table. I think they like the ghost stories.
    I’m on the ghost story side of it! I know Indiana is mostly flat, but there’s some hum dinger hills some places! Mountain lions are evasive as heck, until they’re not!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    When I first looked at the OP's pic I thought the body length, height and posture looked very mountain lion like. The bobbed tail gave it away though. There was a vid on youtube at one point that claimed to have been recorded at Atterbury. It was a mountain lion to be sure. But the provenance wasn't as conclusive. I don't think Indiana has established big-cats.

Top Bottom