• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ... And I've seen that you are one of the major recipients!, especially at Friends of NRA functions! ;) I don't even bother participating in the raffle if you are present! :wallbash:

--Rick
    I’ve worked at the last 6 or 7 friends banquets and the shop I worked at did all the transfers for 20 years (before the shop closed)
    And I came to this conclusion, you either spend a lot of money and break even, or you spend a little and get lucky!
    One day I transferred 5 guns to one of our biggest sponsors, and he probably lost money!
    And two years ago I know a guy who spent 500 dollars, including his 100 dollars entry ticket…and he won 5 guns!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Same. I run all of my corporate expenses through my Hilton Honors Amex. I havent paid for a personal hotel room in 10 years.
    And have never paid them a dime in interest.
    I know a guy who did that, he used his personal credit card (a GM card) to buy all the purchases for his business, then wrote a business check to himself to reimburse himself, and used the GM points to buy his new surburban!

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used the GM card when they first started it and combine with my employee discount or buying off the executive lot I actually MADE money about half the time trading ever 6 months. You had to keep them 6 months before you could do it again.

Then they quit letting us combine offers.

Then they put a limit on how much you could use and pretty soon I dropped it for some other card plan.

Been through a few plans but now we use a Sam's Club card and get CASH back. Gas is you get 5% cash back and we buy gas at Ruler/ Jay C / Sam's / Kroger. Buying groceries at those stores give discount points toward gas in chunks up to 35 gallon. So I always take enough cans to be sure I get the full 35 gallons discount and PLUS you get 5% cash back from Sams. Cash is good ANY WHERE. That is a good thing.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Everything except my mortgage goes on a credit card, paid off every month. I've never made any single major purchases with the cash back, always just roll it back into my balance. I don't keep track of the total but I'm sure it's somewhere more than a free gun but much less than a free Suburban.

After my divorce many years ago my credit score was circling the drain. In a few short years I had it back up to acceptable range and now it's in the 800+ zone. I attribute this to my credit card usage.(and the removal of a major financial burden)

Top Bottom