• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

It's listed at several stores now.

I've seen nothing official yet from Taurus.

Several places seem to be showing it.
    Looks like you can get one for as little as $425 as of now.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

It's listed at several stores now.

I've seen nothing official yet from Taurus.

Several places seem to be showing it.
    Looks like you can get one for as little as $425 as of now.
    I've been happy with the .45acp version to date.
    Then again, I don't put thousands of rounds through mine either.
    Might have to look at one of these too.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've been happy with the .45acp version to date.
    Then again, I don't put thousands of rounds through mine either.
    Might have to look at one of these too.
    No news on Taurus or anywhere about them making them. It's weird that several stores are listing them. Is this the stores getting prepared for the release?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'd sworn off Taurus a long time ago, but a double-stack DA/SA in 10mm? And almost half a pound lighter than my Model 69? On paper at least it checks all the boxes for the backpacking 10mm I've been looking for. I never thought I'd say this about a Taurus again, but I may have to try one of these.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

According to this Estimated In-Stock: 01/06/2024

So if this is correct first week of January we should be seeing these for sale.

So far Family Firearms has the best deal on them.

Hammer fired, 15+1

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Was just thinking about these on Sunday because my buddy picked up a P320 X-Ten and we were playing with it on the range. The X-Ten is a great shooting gun, but Sig hasn't released a basic compact version yet, and with my use-case for a 10mm I'd rather have DA/SA.

I looked Sunday afternoon, and it seems nobody has the TH10 in stock yet...or is even sure about the exact details of the gun. I really want to see a few independent hands-on reviews to help decide if this is what I want, but even big-name guys haven't gotten ahold of any to test yet.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Was just thinking about these on Sunday because my buddy picked up a P320 X-Ten and we were playing with it on the range. The X-Ten is a great shooting gun, but Sig hasn't released a basic compact version yet, and with my use-case for a 10mm I'd rather have DA/SA.

I looked Sunday afternoon, and it seems nobody has the TH10 in stock yet...or is even sure about the exact details of the gun. I really want to see a few independent hands-on reviews to help decide if this is what I want, but even big-name guys haven't gotten ahold of any to test yet.
    Yep before I buy I'll wait on a few Guntubers to report. As well as other owners in forums etc.
    Hopefully one will give it a 1000rd review.

Like you said a 4" model with a 15+1 capacity would make a nice carry model.

If you can find a TH45 you will get a feel for the TH10. I imagine it's the same frame, trigger etc.

I heard a report that Glock is selling more 10mm than 45acp and 40 S&W. S9 if that's the case 10mm is getting more popular.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

If the price of the X-10 is concerned the new Smith and Wesson M&Ps in 10mm are very nice and can be had with a safety if that's a concern. It would be a decent middle ground between the Sig and the Taraus IMHO.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If the price of the X-10 is concerned the new Smith and Wesson M&Ps in 10mm are very nice and can be had with a safety if that's a concern. It would be a decent middle ground between the Sig and the Taraus IMHO.
    The price is not really a concern. Sig hasn't made one in the configuration I want yet...they released the full-size, and then in true Sig fashion started pumping out a bunch of fancy finishes and compensated options rather than focusing on the basics. That and my use-case for a 10mm is as a woods gun for backpacking, and I'm not super comfortable with what is essentially a single-action gun in a chest bag, safety or no safety. DA/SA makes me feel better in that the mechanical potential to discharge the gun doesn't exist without the user somehow creating it...in both the M&P and the P320 it's already there stored in the striker spring.

That's not a knock on the P320 or the M&P...I carry one daily on a belt. But miles from anywhere out in the woods in a carry configuration that regularly muzzles body parts...I like the extra mechanical margin of safety that DA/SA provides. This Taurus might not be the answer, either...but I'd like to see more first-hand reviews and breakdowns to see if it will check all my boxes.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The price is not really a concern. Sig hasn't made one in the configuration I want yet...they released the full-size, and then in true Sig fashion started pumping out a bunch of fancy finishes and compensated options rather than focusing on the basics. That and my use-case for a 10mm is as a woods gun for backpacking, and I'm not super comfortable with what is essentially a single-action gun in a chest bag, safety or no safety. DA/SA makes me feel better in that the mechanical potential to discharge the gun doesn't exist without the user somehow creating it...in both the M&P and the P320 it's already there stored in the striker spring.

That's not a knock on the P320 or the M&P...I carry one daily on a belt. But miles from anywhere out in the woods in a carry configuration that regularly muzzles body parts...I like the extra mechanical margin of safety that DA/SA provides. This Taurus might not be the answer, either...but I'd like to see more first-hand reviews and breakdowns to see if it will check all my boxes.

Might consider this dummy corded to chest rig and or Israeli Carry as well

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central

Might consider this dummy corded to chest rig and or Israeli Carry as well
    Were I to carry a striker-fired handgun in my kit bag, a trigger-guard cover is absolutely what I'd go with. Israeli carry just ain't gonna happen. IMO a gun needs to be ready to go when it comes out of the holster...I'm even kind of adverse to manual safeties just because everything else I use doesn't have one, and I'm not particularly interested in changing my training regimen to accommodate one.

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with my current solution which is an S&W Model 69 (or .357 J-Frame for east of the Mississippi, or even occasionally a P220 Compact DA/SA in .45), so it's not the end of the world to me if the Taurus doesn't fit the bill. I'm just always looking for options and I don't have a 10mm yet...and this Taurus design seems to offer some things that nobody else currently does.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Finally got one out today. Ran a couple of mags of .40 through it just to warm up. Then a few rounds of 10. This is the first new Smith & Wesson I've bought in several years, but I really do like it so far.

Top Bottom