• DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

1703017087609.png
    1703017100073.png
    The Ruger American® Rifle Generation II; an update to the American-made rifle that has been the benchmark for accuracy, durability, and performance in bolt-action rifles for over a decade. Designed with customer feedback in mind, the Ruger American Rifle Generation II is available in a variety of calibers and is sure to become the first choice for hunters and firearms enthusiasts.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    So, it’s a fancy version of a budget rifle? I’m a little lost on Ruger’s ‘new’ offerings lately. I wish them the best, but, well…

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Never a fan of that splatter pattern on stocks. It surely cat be that expensive to just hydro dip other camo patterns

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I had a ruger american in 308 , used it when I lived in michigan by traverse city for deer and coyotes,Loved the rifle with a 3x9x40 scope.Where I hunted it was hilly , and I am fat , but The rifle never weighed me down.Now the AR I had , felt like a 10lb anchor going up the hills and down . In my defense , I had to be dressed warm and it restricted my movements walking,up there you walked SLOWLY because woods were a little thick and you had to see deer before they saw you.I did see a ELK on side of hill below me,it was misty ,cloudy and gray and at first , I thought it was mutant deformed deer that I saw.Nobody told me that elk were even there.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'll withhold final judgement on how improved it actually is until I actually hold and cycle one but I still have to wonder why anyone would spend $550+ on this when much better, though less flashy, used rifles can be found at similar prices.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Glad to see them add adjustable LOP and comb height. One of my biggest complaints on the original american was the stock. This should give some adjustability without having to go with add-ons or an aftermarket stock. My absolute biggest complaints about the original are the bolt and trigger. They mentioned a smoother bolt but the v1 is awful. It's like pushing through sand. The trigger appears unchanged. It's not awful but I don't like their trigger safety.

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    I had been considering an American Ranch in 556. I'm glad I held off as these seem a little nicer for not a lot more money. I would have liked a Savage but their 223 type rifles are only chambered for 223 not 556. I usually buy whatever brass-cased ammo is on sale, so I have both. I like the fact that the 556 can use my stock of Mags. I'm definitely picking up one of these.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I had been considering an American Ranch in 556. I'm glad I held off as these seem a little nicer for not a lot more money. I would have liked a Savage but their 223 type rifles are only chambered for 223 not 556. I usually buy whatever brass-cased ammo is on sale, so I have both. I like the fact that the 556 can use my stock of Mags. I'm definitely picking up one of these.

A guy in a Facebook group posted this pic of his. Nice looking rifle. I'd swap that brake for an A2 style, though. That thing will be loud. I wonder if ruger would sell me a stock for mine?
    FB_IMG_1703369837884.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I wonder of the Gen 1 rifles will get lower in price since the new rifles are coming out? I wouldn't mind adding a 5.56, and a 308 American to the safe at $350 or less.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    A guy in a Facebook group posted this pic of his. Nice looking rifle. I'd swap that brake for an A2 style, though. That thing will be loud. I wonder if ruger would sell me a stock for mine?
    View attachment 320853

I handled one in 5.56 like in the pic at Four Guns in Lafayette. I tried to call ruger to see if they would sell me one of those stocks for mine, but they were still on holiday shutdown.

Top Bottom