• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not my experience. I found this on another thread and thought you would enjoy it. Have to give Walmart credit for this one.

About a week ago my wife and I were doing our local early (2-5am) Wal-Mart ammo run, as they stock between midnight and 5am, we had left one after finding nothing and arrived at the location nearest our house at about 3am. We promptly went to the sporting goods section to see what the ammo shelves had. We had just picked up some boxes of .223 the previous week, and to our surprise they had 5 575rd boxes of .22lr....gold mine! Right?
    Being early AM, theres few employees working, so I went to find a cashier to unlock the shelf for me. As we waited for someone with keys, the young man who I had asked to find someone returned and told us "I guess we dont sell ammo untill 7am now"....huh? I asked him what he was talking about, his response was he has no idea.
    At this point im pretty irritated, especially after waiting over 15 minutes just to be told this.
    I headed to the front and asked the cashier working to call for a manager. About 5 minutes later one of the managers came and I asked why they dont sell ammo untill 7am, she told me they have a rule where they cant sell ammo between 10pm and 7am. I told her I was just at another Wal-Mart and they didnt have such a rule, and she said it was just them. Im getting pretty upset at this point, I tell her that Im going to write to corporate, she said okay.

I left, went home, wrote up a letter on the computer for the managers to sign saying they were refusing to sell me ammo, so I could send it to corporate.
    I drove back to the Wal-Mart, called back the manager and the lead manager (who brought security) and asked them to sign the letter admitting what they were doing, who quickly denied signing.
    The lead manager told me the same BS the other mgr did, and went on about how they had an "issue selling ammo and now they dont during those hours anymore" and then blamed it on the head of asset protection, saying it was their decision. I asked what the issue was, she told me she didnt have to tell me. I also pointed out it was odd they just dont happen to sell ammo the nights shes working, and just so happens to be a 9 hour interval, which surprise surprise is her shift. I told her she cant just make up her own rules because shes obviously anti gun and didnt want to sell ammo during her shifts period. This went on for a few minutes, I eventually got tired of it, asked for their names, which she also told me she didnt have to give me.
    I got the names thru the cashier im cool with, went home, and wrote a SCATHING, very detailed letter to corporate and went to bed unhappy.
    On a side note, went back when I woke up at 9 and the boxes were all gone, of course. Anyone who looks for 22 right now knows how upset I was.

Two days later WalMart calls and leaves me a message, its an assistant mgr at that location. Seeing as it was a lower position than I had an issue with, and that location, I ignored it, knowing it would get escalated to the next in charge.
    Didnt hear anything for a few days, that is, until yesterday.

The Las Vegas regional Wal-Mart manager and another man, both in suits, came to my location to handle the mess. They interviewed every employee involved and the story ended up going like this;
    The story about having an "issue selling ammo at night" was bogus, the head of asset protection denied ever making such a rule, the first manager I talked to threw the lead manager under the bus (it was obviously all the lead mgr anyway), and both cashiers threw her under the bus.
    The lead mgr was physically walked out of the store by the regional mgr and suspended for 2 weeks and demoted. The other mgr got a warning. If they get another complaint, they will be fired.
    I got an apology, and a thank you from corporate.

My wife and I talk to a few of the cashiers a lot when we check out and I guess we are famous there, the lead mgr is apparently a huge you know what and treat a lot of them poorly and is a blatant racist anti-gun libtard, so during the "walk of shame" out of the store and as news of the suspension traveled, they were all shocked a customer could get such corporate involvement.
    Long story short, Wal-Mart had my back big time on a complaint a lot of retailers in this current situation would turn a blind eye to. They will certainly get my business still, and it shows not every big store follows the sheep regarding guns and ammo.

Makes for a happy shopper.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    It sounds good but.....a lot of it didn't happen. It's not the way Walmart (or any company of their size and reputation) would have handled such a situation. Some guy who wanted to get attention on the Net....and apparently did.

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    That's great if its real. If not there are still people out there like that. I don't understand why some people feel the need to force everyone to conform to their beliefs what ever they are.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    So Wal Mart is trying to keep some early AM hoarder from clearing them out?

I'm not sure I see WMT as the bad guy here.

24robinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    southern indiana
    Can't say anything bad about walmart, they have all been very nice to me for a couple months concerning ammo situation. There are 3 close to me and they all have been very helpful.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Generally, I have had positive experiences at Walmart. The only negative thing was a couple of months ago, a couple of employees were joking about people questioning them about ammo. I didn't take it as an insult, but I didn't find it very professional considering I was standing right there. I probably would feel similar if that was my job.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Disgruntled Ammo Zombie. Yawn.

BTW, big corporations keep ANY and ALL disciplinary actions private. I do not believe there was a public "perp walk".

Top Bottom