32041998b4fe86e46fb178e1709c0cfc.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At one point I believe you still had to participate outside the classifieds at least a little. site supporter or not.
    BT and I went full in on that when we got the new operating system. We had some nifty new tools in the drawer and went out among the squatters to use them.
    We were assailed with more crybaby girly boy :poop: than I had ever seen.
    The lamentations of the woman was full on critical mass. Tex eventually asked we ease up on the girls so we did.
    The things you learn about folks posing as adults.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    BT and I went full in on that when we got the new operating system. We had some nifty new tools in the drawer and went out among the squatters to use them.
    We were assailed with more crybaby girly boy :poop: than I had ever seen.
    The lamentations of the woman was full on critical mass. Tex eventually asked we ease up on the girls so we did.
    The things you learn about folks posing as adults.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You may miss a deal or a sale if you take the time to check feedback, look at WHO has left the feedback and check post history but you will avoid headaches for sure.

There are folks in the classifieds who have never even left an intro post. How do you have any feel for who they are?

I'd like to see those with a multitude of firearms, etc. up for sale constantly living in the classies be forced to upgrade to Business status. When I check somebody's post history and there are 2+ straight pages of WTS posts... to me that means they're using INGO to run an online business. No, I won't deal with those kinds of folks, but that's not the point. Honesty is the point, and skirting the rules just doesn't seem honest to me.

I'm still a bit confused as to how folks can do that and not be a FFL in the first place, but that's between them and the .gov.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We have to deal with what we got. Would I have done the classifieds participation differerently? Absolutely, but I don't own the forum. I'm just happy you all let me hang out here and run my mouth. :ingo:

That said, I have had pretty good luck with classifieds only posters. I always check post history and feedback to know exactly who I am dealing with. I always take control to insure solid communication throughout the whole deal, especially with the classifieds only members. The standard, "Just so I am clear, you are giving me an I'll take it, correct? You will be bringing blah, blah dollars, correct change in cash to our meeting point at blah, blah time, correct?"

I would not be very far down the road to a meeting point without a txt reply confirming location, time, vehicle to look for, and that the other party is on the road also.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I don’t leave negative feedback. I did once when someone sold me a red dot that wouldn’t zero, he told me “too bad”. He left negative feedback for me in exchange for my negative feedback. Mods said they don’t get involved and I’ve had one negative feedback for about 10 years because of that. Therefore, I don’t leave negative feedback. Why would anyone if they can just leave you negative feedback in consequence?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don’t leave negative feedback. I did once when someone sold me a red dot that wouldn’t zero, he told me “too bad”. He left negative feedback for me in exchange for my negative feedback. Mods said they don’t get involved and I’ve had one negative feedback for about 10 years because of that. Therefore, I don’t leave negative feedback. Why would anyone if they can just leave you negative feedback in consequence?
    Screenshot_20220727-123901.png
    Yeah. I think this will speak for itself.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom