• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    So for the sole fact that today's weather was awesome, I wore jeans and a T-shirt. So I just open carried around town for some quick things to get done. After dinner I went to Noblesville to go watch G.I. Joe at the great escape.

I went in and there were two guys in front of me that complimented my "Duck Commander" T-shirt. Then I got my ticket for the movie and went over to the candy counter to get a snack before I went in. The same guy helped me with my candy, but before I paid for that he asked me to take my handgun back to my car. He was very polite, so I gave him the same respect.

I asked him to not ring up the candy and to refund my ticket. He was not allowed to refund it himself, so he called a manager to do it. She came gave me my refund and I left. Spent that money across the street at walmart on a movie, since they allow me to carry in their business.

So to make sure the manager knew why I left I called the office when I got home. She answered the phone and I filled her in. Letting her know I never had a problem carrying there before and she told me they recently switched to the franchise "Regal Theater." She was also very polite and personally agreed with me on the policy, but since she worked there she had to enforce it. She said she would let corp. know about this, but we both knew that would do little good in the long run.

The staff was very polite, but my friends and I will not be going back there again. :noway:

I just wanted to post this to inform you all here on :ingo:.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I went to watch G.I Joe in there on Friday in Noblesville.
    I figured they wouldn't allow firearms, being a movie theater and all.
    I wore an un-zipped jacket over my Glock 21
    Didn't have any problems :D
    Only place I have ever concealed on purpose in, because there is no other competition. I just take it.

I also went with family, first movie I have went to in over a year. So I don't have to worry about it often.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    Only place I have ever concealed on purpose in, because there is no other competition. I just take it.

I do the same thing. There's only 2 movie theaters in my town, both owned my AMC, and both right next to each other. They both have "no weapons allowed" signs on the doors. I enjoy going to the movies, it's the only instance where I will disrespect a company's wishes and policies so I can go do something I enjoy. I just CC and never talk about it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Might wanna send an actual letter to their corporate office, relating the incident and you're (IMO, valid) decision.

Oh, and don't forget to remind them that James Holmes INTENTIONALLY picked the particular Century Theater he did BECAUSE they were a 'gun free zone'.

And here I spent the day listening to good and decent folks from Illinois admiring Indiana for their liberal (TRULY liberal) gun rights.

Obviously, Noblesville has been infected by some of those fake-@$$ 'liberals'...

On the other hand, ANOTHER :+1:FOR CC!! :laugh: :laugh:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

I also went with family, first movie I have went to in over a year. So I don't have to worry about it often.

Conceal on the way in, open carry on the way out.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    [QUOTE=
    Obviously, Noblesville has been infected by some of those fake-@$$ 'liberals'...

If you read the post...The new owner (RegalTheaters) is the one who has the
    no firearms policy. Being in Noblesville has nothing to do with it.

BTW...Hamilton County is not the hotbed of liberalism like NW Indiana. :rolleyes:

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    I'll have to do that CC on the way in OC on the way out :D

9/10 days I CC most of the time, but some days are too nice to dress around a CC holster :):

I was going back for the second time to watch it.......so it was good!

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    Why do people clap at the end of movies?

Because they survived the shooting.

Too soon?

Yeah man, just a little more discretion here would have been better. It may be funny with your buddies at the range, but most people don't find the murder of unarmed innocent people to be humorous at all. :twocents:

Reno_Morris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Great Escapes here in southern IN actually took down their signs after the theater shooting but since regal bought them out they are back up. One of the few places I actually make sure I'm completely concealing my gun.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    So for the sole fact that today's weather was awesome, I wore jeans and a T-shirt. So I just open carried around town for some quick things to get done. After dinner I went to Noblesville to go watch G.I. Joe at the great escape.

I went in and there were two guys in front of me that complimented my "Duck Commander" T-shirt. Then I got my ticket for the movie and went over to the candy counter to get a snack before I went in. The same guy helped me with my candy, but before I paid for that he asked me to take my handgun back to my car. He was very polite, so I gave him the same respect.

I asked him to not ring up the candy and to refund my ticket. He was not allowed to refund it himself, so he called a manager to do it. She came gave me my refund and I left. Spent that money across the street at walmart on a movie, since they allow me to carry in their business.

So to make sure the manager knew why I left I called the office when I got home. She answered the phone and I filled her in. Letting her know I never had a problem carrying there before and she told me they recently switched to the franchise "Regal Theater." She was also very polite and personally agreed with me on the policy, but since she worked there she had to enforce it. She said she would let corp. know about this, but we both knew that would do little good in the long run.

The staff was very polite, but my friends and I will not be going back there again. :noway:

I just wanted to post this to inform you all here on :ingo:.
    Sounds like you handled that very well.:yesway:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Conceal on the way in, open carry on the way out.

Nice.

And even if they tell me not to come back, I doubt they will remember since it will be probably months to a year or more before I go back.

Was thinking about the new X-men, maybe.

Top Bottom