• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Tried to get my LTCH copied, so I could put the original in the safe and carry a copy as many on here have advised. Young lad at the counter in Noblesvile says "I can't make a copy of this as it is a government issued document" WTF? I had already signed it and since it was issued to me, is it not mine now. I know if I move out of state (heaven forbid) permanently, I need to surrender it, but come on, who makes this stuff up? Guess I'll buy some pink paper (not at Staples) and do it at work.:xmad:

Last edited:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    The Office Depot and Kinkos in Evansville have been told by local LEOs to not make copies of an LTCH. I'm sure Staples here won't either. Not really their fault...

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    The Office Depot and Kinkos in Evansville have been told by local LEOs to not make copies of an LTCH. I'm sure Staples here won't either. Not really their fault...

I don't understand why this would be a thing. There is no need to have the pink paper on your person, and having a pink paper doesn't mean you have a LTCH. It could belong to someone else or be revoked or just plain forged. An officer should never rely on a piece of paper to prove or disprove anything, they have systems in place to verify things. So why they would care if copies are being made, I don't understand.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    In this day and age, why don't people just have their own scanner/printer...or is this just another reason to believe in some grand conspiracy to hate on another business?

Just laminate your LCTH and carry it in your wallet...or do you only carry a copy of your drivers license and put the original in a safe too?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Can't make copies of a government issued document? Really? I wonder if he has ever filed a tax return.

I know! What a bunch of hooey!
    I've used Staples whenever I've done anything for my dad and had to make copies of his DD214 in order to keep possession of the original for him! It doesn't get a whole lot more "government issue" than that!

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I don't understand why this would be a thing. There is no need to have the pink paper on your person, and having a pink paper doesn't mean you have a LTCH. It could belong to someone else or be revoked or just plain forged. An officer should never rely on a piece of paper to prove or disprove anything, they have systems in place to verify things. So why they would care if copies are being made, I don't understand.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the authenticity of the document. I think it's about the $20 fee the state gets for an "official" copy. I could be wrong...

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    In this day and age, why don't people just have their own scanner/printer...or is this just another reason to believe in some grand conspiracy to hate on another business?

Just laminate your LCTH and carry it in your wallet...or do you only carry a copy of your drivers license and put the original in a safe too?

Agreed. These businesses have a good reason (whether or not you agree) to not make copies. They won't/can't do it. Either buy a AIO printer (they're 56 bucks at Wally World, for Pete's sake) and some pink paper (2¢ per sheet) or talk to someone who owns one. Why waste your time getting butthurt over something like this?

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Agreed. These businesses have a good reason (whether or not you agree) to not make copies. They won't/can't do it. Either buy a AIO printer (they're 56 bucks at Wally World, for Pete's sake) and some pink paper (2¢ per sheet) or talk to someone who owns one. Why waste your time getting butthurt over something like this?
    Wasn't at all butthurt as much as surprised. Drive right past them each morning so just dropped by to get some quick copies. Not like it's NSA documents after all.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    On any given day you'll find various employee opinions or guesses masquerading as local, state or intergalactic policy at most stores.

Their ignorance is your inconvenience at most.

You can generally buy a couple sheets of pink paper and use their copy machine without the employee even being involved in the process.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I scanned mine at home before I signed it. That way when I print out copies I can put an original signature on each one and you can't tell it from the original. As others have said though, not like it makes much difference.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    My staples copied it no problem and laminated.... Wife will have hers soon and I'll go back and try.... If not ill get some pink paper and make the copies....

Top Bottom