• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Indiana has good laws about recording cops, (or anyone else, for that matter). It is a single consent state. Folks are good to go in recording every interaction they have with any public official with no repercussions. Maybe you're confused about Illinois.

Does that apply to also videotaping arrests that you are not part of?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    It's not just LEO. Many members right here on INGO get violently angry at the idea of anyone open carrying. They will attempt to shame you into covering by calling you names like "cowboy wannabe", "you're acting like an ***hole", "mall ninja", or by attempting to emasculate you: "you must be trying to compensate for something", "you're just trying to impress people", or by inventing imaginary statistics to support their argument: "you'll be the first target!", "a five-year-old girl could take it off you!" They can't just mind their own business.

that goes both ways on INGO

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I really think police interaction scenarios should be part of a basic handgun class. It is tough to maintain your cool as they are yelling and spitting on you, let alone waving the gun all over creation. Many people are conditioned to "get their back up" when subjected to the police heckler's veto.

However, being cool is how we win and they lose. Fonzies for freedom.:D

Make a complaint. Help the guys behind you.

Next time don't forget to smile and blow kisses.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I really think police interaction scenarios should be part of a basic handgun class. It is tough to maintain your cool as they are yelling and spitting on you, let alone waving the gun all over creation. Many people are conditioned to "get their back up" when subjected to the police heckler's veto.

However, being cool is how we win and they lose. Fonzies for freedom.:D

Make a complaint. Help the guys behind you.

Next time don't forget to smile and blow kisses.

:gheyhi:

:gaychase:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Great job! Unfortunately, based on the douche's demeanor, I kinda doubt any amount of education is going to help. You can cure ignorance, but not stupidity. Sounds as though he got into the job for all the wrong reasons.

We went back and forth while he waited for the license to be confirmed, where he said things like "This isnt Texas, you cant just walk around with a gun out in the open" to which I informed him that he is right, this is not Texas, Texas is a concealed only state.

That's classic!!! :rockwoot:I doubt I would have had the composure to quote other states' carry laws at that point.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I've dealt with an IMPD officer on the same issue , although he wasn't a jerk about it .

I've seen this guy a number of times since then and he hasn't said one word to me . :D Wonder why ?

03-23-2010

On my way home from work tonight I stopped in my local gas station and was talking to a clerk .

A local LEO was in his civies , talking with the other clerk and I could hear the conversation .

The clerk noticed his gun and badge and asked him about OC'ing vs CCing .

The officer said it was a "concealed carry permit and according to code it had to be concealed ".

I walked over to him and took out my pink slip and asked him where on my license did it say that I had to conceal it and if he knew which code it was ?

We walked out to our vehicles and he pulled out a little thick , red book .

It was a copy of 2009 IN. Criminal Codes .

He thumbed through it for a few minutes using my LTCH for a book mark and said I had "stumped him " , now he would be looking for that all night long .

I diplomatically informed him that the ISP website said that IN. law was silent on the issue .

He informed me that he was "always told that it had to be concealed" and that it would cut down on " harassment issues and man with a gun calls " .

He told me that he had to go but when he found the code , he would " leave it at the gas station for me " .

I smiled , thanked him for his time and quietly thought to myself " yeah , you do that buddy but I won't hold my breath " .
    biggrin.gif

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I think it would be interesting to have been a fly on the wall when Ole' Maxey got back to the station. I'm sure the conversation with those who overheard when he radio'd in was quite lively. "Got your a** handed to ya by a civilian, huh Maxey?" Hehe...

Last edited:

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    It's not just LEO. Many members right here on INGO get violently angry at the idea of anyone open carrying. They will attempt to shame you into covering by calling you names like "cowboy wannabe", "you're acting like an ***hole", "mall ninja", or by attempting to emasculate you: "you must be trying to compensate for something", "you're just trying to impress people", or by inventing imaginary statistics to support their argument: "you'll be the first target!", "a five-year-old girl could take it off you!" They can't just mind their own business.
    I thought proper response for that one is I'm tryinng to deflect attention from my enormous p***s

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    So has anyone found out yet if "Maxey" is a real name? (Im asking without combing every post)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Police are civilians.

Sorry, forgot to "purple" it... :rolleyes:

I think it would be interesting to have been a fly on the wall when Ole' Maxey got back to the station. I'm sure the conversation with those who overheard when he radio'd in was quite lively. "Got your a** handed to ya by a civilian, huh Maxey?" Hehe...

How's that?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If you do go to the station it would be funny if Maxey was there and saw you come in, doubleplus if you wave and say hi.

What I wonder, is if the station is not in a common building with a courthouse, for example, what would be the implication of carrying in there? Bad idea, or is it listed as one of the forbidden places? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yep. There is no expectation of privacy in a public setting. Especially for public servants. Don't ever let one tell you differently. We're not in Illinois.

I do recall the Chicago area case wit hteh woman. But I also recalled he Indy case involving he man, I hadn't heard (until i read earlier) that he got off.

Top Bottom