• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Never thought I would be the author of one of these "Pulled over while carrying" threads. Went something like this...

While I have both hands on the wheel the State Patrolman approaches cautiously, "Know why I pulled you over?" No I don't. "That was a 45 MPH back there, you were doing 55." Oh, thought is was a 55, sorry. "May I see your license and registration." Sure.

Noting my camera on the front seat he asks if I have been taking pictures. I say yeah but I actually was returning from the range near Freetown.

"You have a weapon on you now?" Yes sir. "Do you have a license?" Yes sir. "Let's see it." I hand over my drivers license, registration and LTCH. He says he will be right back.

No "where is the weapon?" or anything.

A few minutes later he returns, gives me my credentials back, and a warning ticket.

He then asks if I am shooting a 45 and I said no 9mm. He tells me one of his buddies shoots at that range and is a better shot then he. I smile and say yeah I recognize the name and agree, he is a very good shot. We wish each other a good evening and I'm on my way.

I glanced at his name plate, I believe his last name was Powell. If I have to be stopped, this is the way I would always like it to go down. :yesway:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Good deal! I know others have had bad experiences, but the State Police I've been around in KY and IN have always been professional and very level-headed.

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Both parties involved treated the other with respect and the end result was positive with original problem resolved. That is the way it SHOULD work every time.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Another case where being polite and answering some ****-chat type questions resulted in a positive experience for everyone. +1

Wish that someone could know that it would go down this way every time. Don't think people would have as many problems with the ****-chat. Unfortunately, you don't know until your handgun's in 3 pieces in a plastic bag in the back seat.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    i don't personally know Powell but his friend is probably trooper Black. He and I both shoot at freetown. Glad you had a good experience with a good trooper..

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Another case where being polite and answering some ****-chat type questions resulted in a positive experience for everyone. +1

I believe one's demeanor can be a determing factor in how one is treated. As my moma always said, "Treat others as you would have them treat you". I have never had a negative experience with a LEO.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Definitely good to hear about, I always remember that old saying that people will tell 10 friends when something negative happens but 1 when something positive happens.

I've had a few stops similar to this myself, always good to heara about more.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I also had a good experience with ISP after being stopped for speeding on 465. I told him I was carrying & he asked where it was, then said leave it there, but I did get a ticket.

Top Bottom