• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shanksinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Got pulled over for speeding on 96th street right near the water treatment facility (did you know it's 35 on the north side of 96th?). I was absolutely speeding, no question. When the officer asked me if I had a reason, I simply said "I wasn't paying attention, sorry." He asked for my license and registration, and since I was going to have to put my hand RIGHT NEXT to the gun between the seat and console, I went ahead and mentioned it, and the fact that I had a license. His response was "That's fine, just don't make any sudden moves towards it. I don't usually have to worry about the guys that tell me about it." He didn't even ask to see my license. The rest of the stop went without incident, and I was on my way with a warning. First time I've been stopped since I started carrying, and Officer Lytle was a complete professional IMO. I hate to say it was a positive experience, but it kinda was. :):

shanksinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Thanks. I wasn't going to mention it unless he asked, but then I realized I'd have to bring my hand to within an inch or so of it to get my wallet. If he had noticed it right then (say, because he was watching my hands, which seems like a reasonable thing to do for a LEO at a traffic stop) there could have been a misunderstanding.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I've been on INGO for a long time, so I know everything about guns and cops. I know that Officer Lytle did not follow traffic stop procedure as has been discussed many times on INGO: upon the mention of a gun or even words that sound like "gun" ("nun," "bun," "fun," or even "pun"), he is supposed to freak out, threaten to execute you, handcuff you on the curb, and then curb stomp you, then freak out again when he finds the gun in your car.

So it's really strange that Officer Lytle behaved this way. It's almost like how when I went to Chicago a week ago, I didn't get assaulted by "urban youths" playing "knock out games on "polar bears," or screamed at by liberals who could detect my NRA card through my wallet, or curb stomped by policemen arriving to respond to my 911 call. This is totally not how INGO pictures Chicago. On the other hand, I totally got ripped off parking downtown. $36 for two hours???

shanksinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I did text my brother in utter shock that he didn't firmly apply his jackboot to my throat, and he responded that since it was just Carmel I didn't get the full experience.

EDIT: My brother's a LEO...I didn't mention that. :)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I've been on INGO for a long time, so I know everything about guns and cops. I know that Officer Lytle did not follow traffic stop procedure as has been discussed many times on INGO: upon the mention of a gun or even words that sound like "gun" ("nun," "bun," "fun," or even "pun"), he is supposed to freak out, threaten to execute you, handcuff you on the curb, and then curb stomp you, then freak out again when he finds the gun in your car.

So it's really strange that Officer Lytle behaved this way. It's almost like how when I went to Chicago a week ago, I didn't get assaulted by "urban youths" playing "knock out games on "polar bears," or screamed at by liberals who could detect my NRA card through my wallet, or curb stomped by policemen arriving to respond to my 911 call. This is totally not how INGO pictures Chicago. On the other hand, I totally got ripped off parking downtown. $36 for two hours???
    It isn't the jungle in the yuppie part of Chicago. Let me drop you off at a couple areas and see how quick you are to call for a pickup....if you remain live enough to dial a phone. :)

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    It isn't the jungle in the yuppie part of Chicago. Let me drop you off at a couple areas and see how quick you are to call for a pickup....if you remain live enough to dial a phone. :)

I didn't have a cell phone when I lived in one of the worst parts of New York City. I never caught a bullet, though that definitely couldn't be said of all my neighbors or people who visited my neighborhood. Unless you've done the same, I won't take your teasing too seriously.

It just tickles me immensely many people on INGO just totally panic for their safety when they think about NYC, Chicago, or California. It's like the very worst parts are the only parts in those very big places. I'm guessing what they know probably came from movies like Escape from New York. Likewise, there are lots of good policemen out there (some on INGO!). Not everyone is planning to taser you twenty times.

Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    Back to the initial comments...The LEO's around here are very cool about anyone carrying. I got stopped for the first time carrying in westfield. I handed the guy my license and LTCH and he asked me what i had, where it was...then proceeded to laugh and tell me " just don't pull it out on me alright". When he came back to my car, he proceeded to ask me how I liked my ruger because he was looking at one. Awesome guy.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I used to work 3rd shift in carmel at meijer, i became decently aquainted with the carmel's night leos, and they seemed to be fairly laid back. Until one pulled me over doing 64 on 96th.

Cj52racers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Not a firearms related reply, but I was pulled over and ticketed on 96th street by HH Greg. Haha, I could not believe it was a 35 zone. It is a four lane road! Glad you had a good experience though, most officers in Carmel are great people.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Am glad your experience was a good one. It's nice when common sense prevails on both sides, things go more smoothly for everyone. I have learned to be more attentive to the speed limits and to my speed when carrying. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Mini-thread-necromancy, but Ofcr. Lytle is a good guy and good officer. Frankly, I think most (ok, 99%) of CPD (now) fits into that same category.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OP, I'll most def pass this along. Sorry I missed this when it originally came out. BL is one of my good friends.

Top Bottom