• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I called S&W customer service yesterday looking for a rear sight blade and a grip screw for my model 28-2. The sight wasnt a problem but the grip screw was. He said its an obsolete gun and the part was no longer available. I said ok hmm well you guys still make the 27 in the classic series wont a screw for that be the same. He was silent and told me to just get new grips. I like my old beat up grips they fit my hands nicely lol I have a screw in it but it doesnt fit properly (to big) so what should I do now? I can go the hardware store and match one up but I bet the head will be to big to fit in the hole. Besides Ive been hearing stories about people calling S&W and them just shipping you the part free guess I was right when I said no way nothings free.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for sharing, thats interesting to know about S&W. I'm looking at picking one up and its the 1st negative thing I've heard about their cust serv.

Hope you get it solved

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    by to big do you mean to long? or the head will not fit inside the grip panel? either way i can fit the screw to the grips as long as it is long enough and the right thread pitch.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom