• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    I think this would kind of fall under "choose your battles". I just got my LTCH and just started carrying and have not been pulled over with my piece. I just think it could go very badly if you choose to be stubborn with a leo. Granted I don't want any one to infringe on my rights, but are you prepared for the :poop: storm that would surly ensue if you were to take it that far. The money you would be out for lawyers, and court fees. Not to forget its pretty much your word against the leo's. So would you really win? For me personally I will comply with all commands, and will not lie to the leo ( I don't see how lying to a person that can take you to jail can be a good thing, especially over firearm possession) But I will say that I would insist the Leo remove my weapon, rather than me doing it in front of him. Like posted earlier what if his partner seen me doing that and he was not aware of the other leo telling me to. Could go real bad real quick. So to the OP, you did what you thought was right, you didn't get into trouble, you got your pistol back and you were on your way and the leo's were respectful. I think you did a pretty good job:yesway:

I have to agree with "sgreen3" on this one. Why "poke the bear with a stick"? My view is you have to weigh the costs and benefits, and see were you want to draw the line. Personally, while I feel that even though, in the long run I would most likely prevail, my time, money etc. is better spend on other things.
    And of course , I would try to remember to signal my lane changes in the future! ;)

Top Bottom