• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Went to my local dick's who was sold out of the 10/22. In the same ad they had a GSG 522SD for $300 and they actually had one. American Tactical Imports

Since My first 10/22 liked mods it cost me more than that to make it tactical.
    (25 round mags, new stock, trigger group, optics...) Bought the GSG and couldn't be happier. Still love my 10/22.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have a marlin model 60 and was thinking about getting s 10/22. Anybody care to weigh in on there opinions of the 2?

The 2 go to 22s in my opinion. If you want to go tactical or do much modding 10/22 no doubt. If you just want a sweet shooter I prefer the Model 60. Cheaper to buy (I see them used for $75) and no mags to buy(at the expense of slower reloads). From my experience with stock models the 60 feels better balanced to me and I shoot it more accurately than the 10/22 but I doubt that is due to mechanical accuracy. Factory replacement parts are easily found for the Model 60 so that is not a concern. Slap some Tech Sights on one and it's perfect IMO.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I have a marlin model 60 and was thinking about getting s 10/22. Anybody care to weigh in on there opinions of the 2?

You can't go wrong with either rifle, both are great guns. The 10/22 does have a lot more options. I have both of them, just got the 10/22, the 60, was my 1st gun & still have it, bought it in 1976, at K-Mart for $25....:patriot:

cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    I shoot the Thunderbolts through my 10/22 because like you said, i'm just plinking around at our farm, nothing serious, its just a cheap round to have fun with. They shoot well through my gun and i have 4 Ruger Stock magazines and i have not had one ever give me ANY trouble, however, the "banana clip" rounds that you can buy for the 10/22 always give me trouble. The spring seems to stick inside the magazine on the bigger clips. Either way, it is most definately a fun .22 to shoot.

Dissemble your bx25 mag and soak it in hot soapy water for 30 minutes let it completely dry out and reassemble and do not use any oil whatsoever. This should straighten out any issues with your mag.

Top Bottom