• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tnrick55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    bluffton
    it seem there is alot of intrerest in 10/22.
    i had one a few years back the problem is i alway wanted the extras we can by for it .so i bought all the stuff that i thought i wanted for it,not unlike the rest of you. then guess what happen i decovered there was a better gun out there lol .

so my point is if there so great why is there so many for sale in after market.
    thanks for reading my lil dumb rant.:dunno:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    What was the better gun you discovered? As for the number for sale I think that just speaks to the number of them out there, not that everyone that has one is trying to get rid of it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Some folks enjoy building and modifying them more than simply keeping them when they're finished.

It would be hard to argue that they are one of the easiest .22 rifles to customize available.

tnrick55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    bluffton
    What was the better gun you discovered? As for the number for sale I think that just speaks to the number of them out there, not that everyone that has one is trying to get rid of it.

the better 22 i got is a henry golden boy.sorry again for the rant maybe people are like me, i would trade any gun i have just to trade lol

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would say the reason you see so many for sale, is it's probably the best selling 22 in history. Plus, people that like them tend to have a couple (like myself). Easy rifle to sell if you get hired up for cash, since they retain their value so well.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Some folks enjoy building and modifying them more than simply keeping them when they're finished.

It would be hard to argue that they are one of the easiest .22 rifles to customize available.

That is why I've tried really hard to stay away from the 10/22. I know me and I don't want to let that dog off the porch.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I find the 10/22 to be a staple and has grown to be a favorite based on the ease of use. I'm convinced the 10 round clip is a key seller, no issues and easy to dress up.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I had a 10/22 with tactical Tapco stock and all the goodies. Also had Marlin 60. Guess which one I kept? The marlin. Of course then the tragic boating accident happened.

LAZY DOG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    bought one for $80 .always hated looks of them put a cheap scope on it and am shooting 1/2 groups at 100 yards .i use it as my primary 22 now i still love my lever gun but like to keep it nice being 39m gold trigger.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i had one when i was a kid, well still do actually. i didnt have money then but if i did i would have thrown all kinds of crap on it, because i like to mod things.
    i wouldnt ever sell it, 10/22 is kind of timeless, and kinda has a sentimental thing to be, but lots dont feel that way.
    so, its just my guess??? but lots had em as first guns, and moved on.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I think there are just a lot of them around. There are more accurate .22, there are better looking .22 and there are more collectible .22. However, you would be hard pressed to find a better all-around .22. I suspect that many people have more than one. Selling one 10/22 doesn't mean you don't have another.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I haven't seen a ton of used ones around at a reasonable price. I would not mind picking up a well used one to tinker with. I have one I just finished and would like to do one for my son. It's a great little gun! Great as-is or a platform for something custom.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Sometimes they are bought and have not been used so they get sold. Its also a popular and inexpensive rifle for kids. They outgrow them and want something bigger. The demand is such that they can generate a few hundred bucks for quick cash and are easier to replace than selling other rifles and pistols that may cost more. I've not heard or read of anyone hating them or at least not respecting them. A good product at a fair price. There aren't many things like that still around.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I would say the reason you see so many for sale, is it's probably the best selling 22 in history. Plus, people that like them tend to have a couple (like myself). Easy rifle to sell if you get hired up for cash, since they retain their value so well.

I was wondering about that, I figure it's between the 10/22 and the model 60. They both claim to either have the best selling,most sold, most popular, searched around and couldn't find a hard and fast number of how many have been sold of each one. The 60 had a jump of being made 4 yrs. earlier but with the all the after-market supplies for the 10/22 so that you can "Barbie" them up to your liking it's very possible they have sold more.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    +1 On the post..

Sometimes they are bought and have not been used so they get sold. Its also a popular and inexpensive rifle for kids. They outgrow them and want something bigger. The demand is such that they can generate a few hundred bucks for quick cash and are easier to replace than selling other rifles and pistols that may cost more. I've not heard or read of anyone hating them or at least not respecting them. A good product at a fair price. There aren't many things like that still around.

I have two Ruger 10-22's. Both I have added heavy barrels, stock work/replaced, had trigger group re-worked, and good glass installed.

I also have several Marlin's, Remington's, Winchesters that have been mostly "Cleaned Up". This consists of the "Fluff+Buff" of the exterior+interior of such firearms.

The Ruger 10-22's, for me, are the easiest by far to customize along with being able to save the old parts to put back to original.

As far as "Stock Gun", yes the Marlin's, Remington's,+Winchesters will shoot more accuratly than the stock Ruger 10-22's.

For me, the 10-22's, that I have, are built now with a more "Personal Touch", and will shoot better than some of my other "Stock" guns--GO FIGURE...HA HA...Bill.

citrigin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    I tend to think with that many on the market, there will always be a bunch for sale. It may not have anything to do with quality.

Top Bottom