• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Adrenaline + vic is probably analogous to vodka and red bull. Effed up but awake and alert. His adrenaline was probably already pumping before he took it, so the likelyhood of nodding off would be slim. Also, the stress profile of massacreing people is likely different than that of a lab test or a junkie or someone who had a really crappy day at work. It hasn't been tested for its effects in that situation so it's an unknown unknown. There would be a benefit since the ungodly amount of stress would cause some major muscle cramping and shakiness, not that he needed to shoot straight. Just my :twocents:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

You mean this part?...

"I'm trying to keep him low. ... And he's crying," Rohrs said.

[I'm thinking] 'He's crying and they're going to come get me.'

"I'm just disoriented after I put him down,"

He said he wondered where Ethan was but realized he could not go back to get him. Rohrs finally jumped over the balcony and ended up outside.

"It just felt like the worst thing ever because my son's still in there," he told ABC News.

ETA

"He said Legarreta called him from another phone and he drove back to the theater."

I'd say that translates into: "My kid was crying. I didn't want him to draw attention to me... so I bailed."

Don't forget the part where he actually drove away from the theater and didn't come back till his "fiancee" called him on his cell phone.

This guy is the end result and epitome of what is wrong with our society today....

Thanks Guys!

My Wife says it is just because I am Paranoid that I do that...

My wife stopped calling me paranoid after some run ins we had during black expo (we didn't realize expo was in town and we had reservations downtown for a long time prior) about 7-8 years ago.

It's no longer paranoia when there are folks out there who do this ****.

There have always been folks out there who do this sort of thing..... those who forget history, are doomed to repeat it.....

None of the rounds I have cost a buck a round yet

I have some custom .308 rounds that are 1$+ per round, some high performance 12ga slugs are 2-3$ a round and personal defense .40 and .45 handgun rounds can be right around 1$ a round as well...

All in all this is what happens when you turn your society into sheep by disarming them and punishing them for fighting back, they become helpless fish in a proverbial barrel.

The school administrators that expel kids who fight back against bullys or defend themselves in general should take note, when you condition the fight response out of everyone, there's not going to be anyone to protect you from those who would do evil.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Adrenaline + vic is probably analogous to vodka and red bull. Effed up but awake and alert. His adrenaline was probably already pumping before he took it, so the likelyhood of nodding off would be slim. Also, the stress profile of massacreing people is likely different than that of a lab test or a junkie or someone who had a really crappy day at work. It hasn't been tested for its effects in that situation so it's an unknown unknown. There would be a benefit since the ungodly amount of stress would cause some major muscle cramping and shakiness, not that he needed to shoot straight. Just my :twocents:

I have a feeling he was taking those drugs recreationally for a long time before the shooting, or he probably wouldn't have had them. Unless he just had a few leftover from oral surgery or something similar. But since he was a college student, I assume he has long had access to rec drugs.

I've been on much, much stronger opiates than Vicodin long-term. While shooting, at the amusement park, just 24/7 for years. Adrenaline doesn't do much in combination (long term, in fact, it reduces adrenaline and testosterone). It is all a bunch of hype from the media IMO. What they'd like to do is blame the drugs AND the guns, and get more bans on both, by vilinizing both. He could've forgone the Vicodin and I'm sure he would've still had the nerve to commit the crime he'd been planning for months.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Awesome! Are people finally getting it?

While I know the politicians are going to pass new laws all over the place because of this shooting, and other similar recent ones, I am very proud of the pro gun reaction by most people I've interacted with. Overall most people seem to think that maybe us gun owners aren't as paranoid as they thought we were!

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have a feeling he was taking those drugs recreationally for a long time before the shooting, or he probably wouldn't have had them. Unless he just had a few leftover from oral surgery or something similar. But since he was a college student, I assume he has long had access to rec drugs.

I've been on much, much stronger opiates than Vicodin long-term. While shooting, at the amusement park, just 24/7 for years. Adrenaline doesn't do much in combination (long term, in fact, it reduces adrenaline and testosterone). It is all a bunch of hype from the media IMO. What they'd like to do is blame the drugs AND the guns, and get more bans on both, by vilinizing both. He could've forgone the Vicodin and I'm sure he would've still had the nerve to commit the crime he'd been planning for months.

Cool thanks for the good info. Repped +1

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

No, it's the same people.
    The media just marginalizes them.
    But they are there.
    Some of the people that stopped carrying, because it was too inconvienient (-2 spelling), started again.
    Some people are afraid about the talk of more restrictive gun laws.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

He may not have been a recreational user, but don't think that he just had them laying around. He's a medschool dropout. Fairly certain they float around the school pretty frequently.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

I'm certain he would have still committed the crime, but he might have exhibited behavior to draw attention to himself, which he was trying to avoid until he was ready to go.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Neuroscience Ph.D. dropout, not medical school.

Splitting hairs is a hobby of mine.
    axe_to_grind.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

While I know the politicians are going to pass new laws all over the place because of this shooting, and other similar recent ones, I am very proud of the pro gun reaction by most people I've interacted with. Overall most people seem to think that maybe us gun owners aren't as paranoid as they thought we were!

I don't know if it's a "good" thing. I think it is simply a knee jerk reaction. I would bet most of these weapons are going to end up in a drawer collecting dust with "New Year Resolution" gym memberships.

Top Bottom