• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just picked up a great Black Friday deal.
    I got a Sentinel 10 gun fire resistant safe at Menards and it only cost me $11 and change to get it home!
    It's an inexpensive "safe", I understand that, and I have others (safes) but... I'm sure it will come in handy for something.

They had a Black Friday sale price of $249, with a $50 mail-in rebate, for a final cost of $199.
    I had just enough credit checks saved up that I had to pay just a portion of the taxes ($11+) to take it home.
    So, 6-8 weeks from now I should receive another rebate check for $50.

Wish I could do this once a month or so.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Was this a planned Thing? If it was good idea!

Yes and no.
    I started saving the credit checks a couple of months ago. I got a few back in rapid succession so I started thinking bout Black Friday. I was waiting on several different credit checks and they came in just in time.
    I saw the Black Friday ad and thought "why not?"

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Even without the Rebates the $199 is still a good deal. I can never hold onto my rebates long enough to save up much. Once I get them I want to spend them.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Lowe's or bust fellas

It has been my experience that Lowe's, at least my local store, has the least well-informed "associates" of all the local box stores.
    Their sales staff is woefully lacking in any resemblance of working knowledge regarding the merchandise they sell.
    Their staff have screwed up more special orders than I can count, causing heartache for my customers and headaches for me in terms of scheduling work.
    I've had to re-schedule one job 4 different times due directly to Lowe's inability to correctly fulfill an order.

The above, coupled with the fact that Lowe's will not allow me to post a business card on their premises. Any contractor wanting to obtain jobs through Lowe's must be a "registered contractor" with the Lowe's corporation, and Lowe's sets the prices for the jobs.
    This practice is completely unacceptable to me.
    I will not shop at Lowe's unless I cannot obtain the same item elsewhere. I will not recommend Lowe's to my customers, unless there is no alternative.
    I will not pick-up merchandise purchased by my customers at Lowe's unless I can open the package and inspect the contents before checking out. Too many cases of broken/damaged goods from Lowe's and they want to fight tooth and nail over replacements.

Sorry. In my opinion, Lowe's sucks BIG-TIME!
    YMMV

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    It has been my experience that Lowe's, at least my local store, has the least well-informed "associates" of all the local box stores.
    Their sales staff is woefully lacking in any resemblance of working knowledge regarding the merchandise they sell.
    Their staff have screwed up more special orders than I can count, causing heartache for my customers and headaches for me in terms of scheduling work.
    I've had to re-schedule one job 4 different times due directly to Lowe's inability to correctly fulfill an order.

The above, coupled with the fact that Lowe's will not allow me to post a business card on their premises. Any contractor wanting to obtain jobs through Lowe's must be a "registered contractor" with the Lowe's corporation, and Lowe's sets the prices for the jobs.
    This practice is completely unacceptable to me.
    I will not shop at Lowe's unless I cannot obtain the same item elsewhere. I will not recommend Lowe's to my customers, unless there is no alternative.
    I will not pick-up merchandise purchased by my customers at Lowe's unless I can open the package and inspect the contents before checking out. Too many cases of broken/damaged goods from Lowe's and they want to fight tooth and nail over replacements.

Sorry. In my opinion, Lowe's sucks BIG-TIME!
    YMMV

I agree.

I do not shop at Lowe's. Home Depot and my local hardware gets almost all of my business.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    meh... lowes or menards. Menards seems more like the dollar general of hardware... I mean, where else can you buy milk, orange juice or cargo pants? Hands down, menards lumber is above and beyond the other two. sorry.

Home depot isn't even in the ballpark... they're usually so overpriced it isn't even funny... except for the occasional sale or online offering.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have had outstanding experience with Lowe's standing behind what they sell and having no issues with returns, etc.

I buy items at Menard's that are consumable and that I'm not worried about durability, and possibly having a concern with a return, etc. Menards does have an interesting selection of items. Sometimes it is just fun to see if you can obtain everything on your shopping list at one place.

I don't have a Home Depot close, but have purchased from them in the past before Lowe's came into our area. No major issues with them, but the install experiences I have had with Lowe's were better than the one install I had done through HD. Now, I just have no reason to travel the distance to get to HD.

Top Bottom