• ...and so much more!
  • kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Found this on another website.

TEN RULES OF A GUNFIGHT

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

3. Only good hits count.

4. If your shooting stance is good you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

5. Keep shooting until the threat no longer exists; then stay sharp until somebody with a badge tells you to freeze.

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gun fight, bring a long gun and a friend.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting you should be reloading or running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

JCAJR30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Union County
    Very good - I think about #9 every time I see a handgun with a laser pointer on it - especially the pocket pistols (S&W bodyguard comes to mind) If you have time to engage your laser and take a well aimed shot - you ain't in imminent danger.

sdman11890

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Highland
    Very good - I think about #9 every time I see a handgun with a laser pointer on it - especially the pocket pistols (S&W bodyguard comes to mind) If you have time to engage your laser and take a well aimed shot - you ain't in imminent danger.

That's why I like the CT grip for the M&P series (maybe others too? MP is the only one I've actually held.)

As soon as you have a proper grip on the pistol, the laser lights right up.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Number 4 speaks to me, because is so the opposite of what people seem to think about gun fights (thanks in no small part to television I think)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Found this on another website.

TEN RULES OF A GUNFIGHT

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two.

That would seem to be the right thing to do in a gunfight.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

Or three, or four, or etc...

3. Only good hits count.

I would define good hits as, anything that hits him and misses me.

4. If your shooting stance is good you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

While I agree you should not be married to your shooting "stance", there will be times it could be useful, such as when a truly accurate shot is needed.

5. Keep shooting until the threat no longer exists; then stay sharp until somebody with a badge tells you to freeze.

Okay.

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gun fight, bring a long gun and a friend.

If proactive, I agree, but that is not the most likely situation we will find ourselves in.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

I disagree with that. We are constantly going over all of these types of details from past gunfights.

8. If you are not shooting you should be reloading or running.

Most likely, I will be shooting and running, then reloading.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

True, but don't let that stop you from becoming accurate, or trying to innoculate yourself from stress.

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

If you practice all aspects of Gunfighting, they shouldn't be able to beat you to death with it either.

Mine in Bold.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    It might have been. I found this on another site. It didn't give credit to the author or I would have posted it too.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    My favorite is #9. When I target practice I'm hardly ever concerned about grouping or dead center shots. I go for combat accuracy. I figure that if I'm in a gunfight that is what will be most important. If I was a sniper, I'd be concerned about putting the bullets real close together in the bullseye. Just my two cents.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    My favorite is #9. When I target practice I'm hardly ever concerned about grouping or dead center shots. I go for combat accuracy. I figure that if I'm in a gunfight that is what will be most important. If I was a sniper, I'd be concerned about putting the bullets real close together in the bullseye. Just my two cents.

Practice till you can't get it wrong. Aim small miss small. You can shoot fast enough to make up for missing.

I'm sure I missed some of the sayings. I practice with a 6" steel target (Thanks Bobcat!) and I don't want to hit the edges. just my 2 cents. We get one more here and we'll have a nickle!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom