• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This girl's FB page is blowing up with new followers. She is quite an impressive young lady. Her dad is to be commended!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And that wench is worried about a *bruise*?!?

My nephews get bruises wrestling with each other and falling off the sofa. Kids get nicks, cuts, bruises, skinned knees and break arms. Part of being a kid.

Do all children on the East Coast get wrapped in bubble wrap? Maybe just Manhattan kids? Geez.

How is this any different than a violin prodigy having bleeding fingers or sore hands?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Excellent, Shyanne.

It ALSO completely negates ANY discussion on INGO that this or that gun 'is too hard to handle and recoils too much'. If Shyanne is shooting a 9mm well, then what's YOUR 'excuse' for throwing those 'fliers'? :lmfao:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Exactly what I thought: I'm pretty sure I had bloodied noses, sprained ankles, and more than a few bruises from playing little league soccer and baseball, and elementary school football and basketball. I tore a ligament from my ankle playing tennis in high school.

And that wench is worried about a *bruise*?!?

My youngest daughter broke her leg jumping on a trampoline. Not a one of my children have hurt themselves with a gun. other than an occasional "bruise" from recoil

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    Good to see kids in the shooting sports. My son shoots with me but my daughters aren't really interested. They all know how to handle a firearm safely though.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    First, I thought the spotlight on family to be done well enough that I almost overlooked the anti-gun slant.

How about this? Study Reveals Many Girls Soccer Players Stay On Field Despite Concussions - Forbes

With the latest round of, "for the children" I found it strange the interviewer would specifically site soccer as an alternative activity for kids. Quote from the Forbes link, "Concussions shouldn’t be a surprise in soccer, because researchers for years have reported on them." And a bruise on the shoulder is presented as a problem?

Continuing rant: Federal Range Laws? Unless I'm shooting over a state border and a guy on the other side is buying my used lead, how can anyone seriously suggest federal oversight for shooting ranges? Big government come save my children! Arrgh!

An anti-gunner named Gunn-Barrett...that's just too ironic. Not to make it a personal attack, but maybe that's where she gets her anti gun stigma...that and I thought she might have been a clone of Pelosi.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I loved the comment "650 shooters all day and not even a paper cut."

As to the bruises. I will admit it. If I shoot enough of boxes of 12 ga on the skeet range, I will get a bruise on my shoulder.
    I am a man, I'm 56 years old, and I weigh a LOT more than that little genius girl does.
    The Gunn-Nut was making such a big deal out of the bruise.
    I think anyone would get bruised if they shoot enough 12 ga.

OH, and there is no measure where you can call the Beretta bigger than the girl.
    It's a big gun for a small person, but it's not 'bigger' in any direction.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My nephews get bruises wrestling with each other and falling off the sofa. Kids get nicks, cuts, bruises, skinned knees and break arms. Part of being a kid.

Do all children on the East Coast get wrapped in bubble wrap? Maybe just Manhattan kids? Geez.

How is this any different than a violin prodigy having bleeding fingers or sore hands?

Seriously. When I was young, I bruised and broke everything I could. It's a very poor argument. This lady also advocates lining the highways with pillows.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    The reporter was obviously anti gun with her comments, good for that little girl to speak the truth. Maybe the reporter will come around. Ha

Top Bottom