• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    Picked up a piece of what I thought was 45 brass at the range. Checked the head stamp and it had FLB 11.25x23 on it. I have never seen that number before so i googled it and yes it is 45 brass. According to google it is Argentianian -abrica Militar "Frey Luis Biltran", San Lorenzo, Argentina. It is also Berdan primed. I thought it was kinda cool ! :ar15:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I bought a Ballestor Molina years ago for a song because nobody knew that 11.25mm is darn close to .45 cal. Honestly I wasn't too sure myself hit figured it was worth a $125 gamble! Neat to hear there was brass with a similar head stamp.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    No, I never did measure it but it shot very well. I'm not sure what all would swap between a 1911 but I know the mag, barrel, bushing, and recoil spring and guide rod would. It had no grip safety and the mainspring housing was integral. The trigger was a pivoting type rather than a straight back slider.

It was a good, solid gun and servede well for a good while. I ended up selling it to a buddy who used it as his first carry piece as well.

Doug K

Top Bottom