• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Not every day you see a 110 year old "assault rifle".... :)

Yet I have many 'assault rifles' (and pistols) even older...mostly because they might have been used in 'assaults' not because of their particular design....some date back to 1806 and involve percussion caps or flint. (:):)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This could have been purchased by CM when it was still new in 1906, maybe it's one of his former guns. :)

I heared tell that CM wanted to be in the ambush but Hamer wouldn't let him....Said he was too old....:)

Nice rifle leadeye...I have a very nice leg o mutton case in great shape that I am saving for when I find my model 8...A buddy of mine bought one for $500 on gunbroker a couple of years ago...When he got the package there was a note...

"Here are two extra magazines for it, one of them is a police magazine, and the take down case..I forgot to show them in the auction...Sorry about that....."

Needless to say my buddy was very, very, very, very happy....

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We were less sensitive to the needs of criminals back in the old days.

Nah...That's just a myth...:)

navajo-frank-hanging.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Made some new ammo for the Remington Model 8, I had an RCBS 180 grain silhouette mold for 357 magnum that just never worked out in my revolvers and was too pointy for lever guns. After some dry runs with dummies I loaded up 10 cartridges for an offhand test today. No issues and the accuracy looks good enough to make more and check on the 100 yard target. Having the brass land on my head takes a little getting used to, but Broomhandles are the same way. Keeping the 111 year old guns shooting.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Are you messing with me? I can not see the picture.

Edit: OK I see it at post #25.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I love my old Model 8. I bought mine with a blown up front end and a machinist buddy shortened it all up into a one of a kind Mod 8 carbine. Mines a .35 Remington as well. I normally shoot mine with 158 gr cast or JHP .357 pistol bullets over 2400 powder. I killed a couple of deer using shortened cases and 200 gr soft points. I recently modified an older Lyman mold to cast hollow point Bullets for it. They shoot pretty well too.

%5BURL=http://s60.photobucket.com/user/Slow_Hand23/media/Gun%20Pics/Model8ammo.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/Gun%20Pics/Model8ammo.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/Gun Pics/Model8ammo.jpg

View attachment 53005

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I love the Model 8s. At one time I had a complete set of them. I regret moving them on. My favorite was the 35 Rem. and the 25 Rem and wish I still had them all.

But for right now I have a Model 81 in 35 Remington. I got it thinking I could deer hunt with it, until the brainiacs at DNR decided that 35 Rem. was not a decent deer cartridge in brushy Indiana.

Dont mean to hitch hike a thread just had to vent a touch.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I love the Model 8s. At one time I had a complete set of them. I regret moving them on. My favorite was the 35 Rem. and the 25 Rem and wish I still had them all.

But for right now I have a Model 81 in 35 Remington. I got it thinking I could deer hunt with it, until the brainiacs at DNR decided that 35 Rem. was not a decent deer cartridge in brushy Indiana.

Dont mean to hitch hike a thread just had to vent a touch.

if you trim cases to 1.80" or less, you can hunt with the .35. I killed two deer with it a few years back. There are several threads on INGO, probably in the reloading section about doing just that. I did a good bit of experimenting and it worked great, even in the semi auto action.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This just in:

University of California Berkeley has just announced an intiative to acquire as many early 1930s Fords as possible.

They need the "safe spaces"..

Top Bottom