• ...and so much more!
  • griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Jasper, Indiana
    As a (current) MI resident I hate to point this out, but that is not Jasper, IN (which is in southern IN), but Jasper County, which is in northern IN and used to be a KKK hotbed in the 60's-70's. Don't know if it still is or not since I moved away in 1980. Not that the KKK has anything to do with this story. But it is N IN, not S IN.

:D

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    thats not in jasper indiana, that is in Jasper County Indiana. I don't blame the people at the jail, i blame the kid and his parents. What a sheep to not question why he is being put in a cell. Way to raise your kid you idiot parents.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    thats not in jasper indiana, that is in Jasper County Indiana. I don't blame the people at the jail, i blame the kid and his parents. What a sheep to not question why he is being put in a cell. Way to raise your kid you idiot parents.

That's right, those damn 12 year olds should be more responsible than cops. And if the cop tased or punched or shot the kid for mouthing off if he did say something, it'd be his own damn fault for being some dumb kid.:rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

He is twelve years old and was given orders by an adult LEO.... He was likely scared and confused...

Should he have resisted? Would most "well raised" twelve year olds have listened to the officer?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I grew up in Rensselaer, Indiana where the Jasper County Jail is located.

This type of Barney Fife stuff doesn't surprise me at all.

Just another story to add to the bloopers list over the years. :laugh:

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011

Lived in Jasper County my whole life. Didja hear they got a fancy new jail?
    Tore the old one down. The town NEEDED the parking, that's for sure!!!!! :D

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    While I feel for the kid, I can't help but think in the back of my mind, none of this would've happened if the older brother wouldn't have done whatever he did. Just reitterating that actions affect other people besides ones self. sorry. If it were my kids, I'd still be more pissed about the older sibling than the cops mistake.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    While I feel for the kid, I can't help but think in the back of my mind, none of this would've happened if the older brother wouldn't have done whatever he did. Just reitterating that actions affect other people besides ones self. sorry. If it were my kids, I'd still be more pissed about the older sibling than the cops mistake.

Apparantly those at the jail are as responsible (in the general and professional sense, not this incident) as the 17 yo.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Apparantly those at the jail are as responsible (in the general and professional sense, not this incident) as the 17 yo.

Agreed. I will add that if I had to worry about pinheaded cops mistaking me for two out of four of my siblings I would have enough frequent flier miles by cop car to get a free trip to most anywhere in the world.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch

Lived in Jasper County my whole life. Didja hear they got a fancy new jail?
    Tore the old one down. The town NEEDED the parking, that's for sure!!!!! :D

Yes, i knew about the new jail.
    I still get up that way often and now own the house I grew up in a couple of blocks from the old jail.

I even remember the old red brick jail they had on the corner where the Sheriff lived in a house connected to it.

Top Bottom