• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I recently aquired a used Savage 12BVSS in 22-250 from a fellow INGO'er on tuesday. Finally got to shoot it tonight! All I have to say is WOO HOO!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

I checked the chamber(clean), safety(functional),bore(clear), and action(SMOOTH). I shot from the prone position with a front bag and self-supported rear @ 100yds using factory WWB 45grJHP. Loaded 5 rounds in mag and they tended to go nose up so I figured what was wrong and loaded them single til I got a chance to tear it down. Fired a round and adjusted over and down approx 6". 2-3rds hit left a little but 1/2" apart. Adjusted and fired 4-5th, edge to edge. I fired the next 5 and got a POI shift every 2 shots. Thats when I found the front ring cap had loosened, tightened and checked rear then re-dialed scope with next 5. I took a break to clean bore and pull action from stock, and as I figured , the feeding problem had been caused by the follower being installed backwards.

So after cool down and cleaning with a fresh bore I fired my last 5rds. I will let the pics do the talking. The shift in group was caused by not readjusting the bag.

PICT0513.JPG

PICT0516.JPG

Now to fine tune the scope and start rolling a load to fins what she likes!

Thanks rpgoings, this nice rifle has found it's perfect home!:patriot::ingo:

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I was just admiring one of these at gander mtn. today. Very nice looking rifle. Definitely on my wish list!

Oh I know! It is a very heavy rifle though, definately a bench/bipod rifle. It would take a healthy fella to offhand a longshot with it. My 12FV isn't much lighter but you can tell a difference between the two. Both my FV and BVSS shoot just as tight with the same Winchester White Box 45gr JHP. Thank God for that!:rockwoot:

These rifles combined with some good glass equals one happy shooter and many DRT's!;)

Hope you get to add one to the collection soon.

Top Bottom