• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    They don't even know where he got the gun. Hope the family can find some closure. If only he was taught how to handle a firearm properly on not made to think they were a cool thing to play with and show off about. :(

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is so sad.

Parents everywhere should pay attention to what the mother of the deceased boy said;

Stephens is now urging parents to keep a vigilant eye on what their children are doing.

“Monitor their phones, just monitor your children,” Stephens said. “More now than anything.”

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    They don't even know where he got the gun. Hope the family can find some closure. If only he was taught how to handle a firearm properly on not made to think they were a cool thing to play with and show off about. :(

Yes. Teach them how to safely handle and respect firearms. Take the curiosity away so they aren't temped to play with them. This is such a needless loss of life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Parenting. Not saying this situation would have been different but teaching. Guiding. Knowing.
    We were in Sams club today. At least 3 Moms walking in the store and out in the lot with their nose glued in the phone. Little kids running amok.

Parenting. It is becoming a lost skill.

Our hearts go out to the surviving family.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    40-50 kids ran to the house immediately, because they were watching it.

doesn't that seem like a lot of kids in close proximity all doing the same thing online? Surprised me

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So much epic fail and sadness. I got my son to the range as young as I safely could so he would learn what a gun was capable of. The first time scared the crap out of him and we worked on safety from day one. He has handled every pistol except the DE. He can safety unload everyone of them and treats them all as if they were loaded. There is no curiosity for him. He can safely handle every gun we have. And he knows what to do if one of his friend brings out a gun. I wish all kids were thought this.

I can't help but think that someone close to this kid could have stopped this. One of his friends, Neighbors, or family members had to have known this young man had that gun. Prayers go out to the family and all involved.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Sorry for the kid and his family. A tragedy that never should have happened and that the family will have to live with.

Whose gun was it? Where did he get it? Lots of questions.

And, once again, the firearm stupidity of the media, "...the gun suddenly went off..." No it didn't, somebody pulled the trigger!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sad. They want to teach safety about chemicals, electricity, driving, etc. in schools. But you mention gun safety, and everyone loses their mind.

Thomas13906

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Greenfield
    I just can't wait for all the "guns are bad. Guns kill" people to start in. I guarantee if his parents had guns and taught him about them, this would not have happened.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

doesn't that seem like a lot of kids in close proximity all doing the same thing online? Surprised me
    That's 40-50 kids whose parents also weren't monitoring.

Parenting. Not saying this situation would have been different but teaching. Guiding. Knowing...
    ...Parenting. It is becoming a lost skill...

This didn't have to happen. It's similar to the tragedy in Delphi with the two 13 year old girls. Parents MUST parent, or terrible things can happen.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

If they are all friends who go to the same school and who knew that boy it's not that many.
    They must have known he would be doing something lived.

I'm wondering how long he was playing with that gun live on the internet before the accident happened.
    I guess none of the kids felt like running to the house when they first saw the gun.

Big Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    A child tragedy is always sad....but I doubt the parents even cared what he did until after this happened!

Top Bottom