• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Is this true? Was reading a quote about those three scumbags who shot that Australian kid and someone from Australia said this. Just wondering if it's true or not since I take everything I read in the news with a grain of salt.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A real quick non-verified look at statistics indicates two relevant things.

1) You are much more likely to be shot in the US, even factoring in population differences.
    2) You are much more likely to be victim of SOME violent crime in Australia. Rape, battery, etc are all higher than the US. Surprisingly, suicides are also higher for most age groups.

If you are really interested I'd suggest you put some time in and do the research with verified sources, etc. For those of us just vaguely interested, this will probably be enough.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I need a kangaroo gun.

Kangaroos are responsible for 93% of all gun crime in Australia.

kangaroohitman_article.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is this true? Was reading a quote about those three scumbags who shot that Australian kid and someone from Australia said this. Just wondering if it's true or not since I take everything I read in the news with a grain of salt.

For the sake of argument, let's assume the numbers are accurate and try an experiment. Let's ship all the people who commit these crimes to Australia, with all the restrictive gun laws they have, and see what happens to their crime rate involving guns. At the same time, lets end the stupid policies that promote thuggy behavior here, and see what happens to our rate.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Data point: I have been to Australia on two occasions. Neither time was I seriously wounded or killed in an armed kangaroo attack. :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Data point: I have been to Australia on two occasions. Neither time was I seriously wounded or killed in an armed kangaroo attack. :D

Well, the only logical explanation is that you are a kangaroo yourself.

That's the problem with the Internet. Freakin' kangaroos infiltrating our gun forums, learning our tactics...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, the only logical explanation is that you are a kangaroo yourself.

That's the problem with the Internet. Freakin' kangaroos infiltrating our gun forums, learning our tactics...

I hadn't considered that. Wait, my max vertical leap is about an inch on a good day, er, mate.

Top Bottom