• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Just from reading has made my decision for me. I goto local shows. Indy is a 2hr drive. Not worth the $$ to see more over priced guns and ammo and especially if u have to pay to park. Thats ridiculous.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I usually go to at least one show yearly and that is the winter ones because they are a bit bigger. I just go and look at it as entertainment, if I find something great... if not meehhh...no big deal, again entertainment. I do not even mind the 1.5 hour drive as it is all part of the experience for me. Bottom line...the show is what you make it.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I go to a couple shows a year. Usually the winter shows in the bigger building(s). If you haven't ever been, it's worth going at least one time IMHO. Plenty to see and coon-finger.

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    We can help you out with that. Shoot me a PM with what weights and quantities you are after.

I can't send a PM yet since I haven't hit 50 posts...ugh

For .223/.556 right now I have my AR using .223 55gr. Mostly right now just plinking ammo but if cost isn't that much different I don't mind stepping up a bit to be prepared for the apocalypse lol

9mm looking at 115gr again mostly for plinking.

Both calibers looking to get 1000 each.

Scott

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I can't send a PM yet since I haven't hit 50 posts...ugh

For .223/.556 right now I have my AR using .223 55gr. Mostly right now just plinking ammo but if cost isn't that much different I don't mind stepping up a bit to be prepared for the apocalypse lol

9mm looking at 115gr again mostly for plinking.

Both calibers looking to get 1000 each.

Scott

$206/1000 on 115gr 9mm
    $325/1000 on 55gr 223

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I think its worth going, I have SharkTac make all of my holsters, ZX guns normally has some kick ass deals and prices and its a great place to pick up reloading supplies as well.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you need several things, it is economical to go and pick it up all in one spot. My last trip got a couple books, some specific tools, powder, some bobcat steel, and a few other small things. Plus I got to talk to Jeff about the finishing touches and delivery of my safe two weeks later. It's just not worth it to go if you don't have a shopping list.

happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    if you are a hobbiest , collector or just a plan shooter/plinker its good to go to . can get some good conversations going there and the looking at all the stuff is super fun. i go only to the fall show the last few years and it seems to still be the busiest show.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    See good reasons to go and good reasons not too.....i usually attend but with 17 bucks to get in and park and then add about 15 for gas, i'm over 30 bucks just to get there....That will buy a few rounds. If I needed anything bad I might go but online shopping will keep me home. Hope those that do go find a deal.

Rooster 308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Lansing, MI
    Buddy of mine and I are making the drive down Sat. and staying downtown. Last time I was there was over 10 yrs ago. Do they still have the booth where they will put together an upper for you/made to order?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you need several things, it is economical to go and pick it up all in one spot. My last trip got a couple books, some specific tools, powder, some bobcat steel, and a few other small things. Plus I got to talk to Jeff about the finishing touches and delivery of my safe two weeks later. It's just not worth it to go if you don't have a shopping list.

What he said.

I did the 1500 once. It was a good experience. Cool to see the huge place filled with guns and various historical, camping, and assorted paraphernalia. However, I can get what I need locally. ZX is just down the road, and USMC Johnson makes sure the crew gives great prices and service. Gander Mountain is right on the way to ZX. I can check out the pistols that interest me and they will price match ZX, so I get good deals at one of the two stores.

I can use the 1500's $17 entrance and parking fees for ammo, and save the tank of gas for several trips to the local firing ranges. If I really get the urge for a gun show I can hit the Fort Wayne show at the Coliseum for $11 or the Allen County Fairgrounds for $4 (with free parking). If I really get excited, I can drive up to Nappanee (30 minutes closer that INDY and free parking). It is filled with actual gun dealers, not the jerky, camping, flea market stuff that has taken over the Fort Wayne Coliseum show (though the one earlier this month was much better than past efforts).

Life is good in Allen County. If we could just get an Appleseed or Revere's Riders to conduct a training in the county, it would rival West Virginia for "almost heaven." :):

Top Bottom