• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    $12 per person. Sign up for $2 off coupon when you get to the show. They send them out before each show so you'll save on the next one.

I park on the street that is south of the parking lots.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    $12 per person. Sign up for $2 off coupon when you get to the show. They send them out before each show so you'll save on the next one.

I park on the street that is south of the parking lots.

^^^This.^^^ Especially with the RV show being there this weekend, parking there gets you just as close to the door as trying to find a spot in the parking lot.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    $17 just to get in the door pretty much. Is it even worth going to anymore?

No. I have found I can always get a better price by searching on-line, via the INGO classifieds, or gun broker.com, etc. Time I pay the parking, entrance fees, and gasoline (which is minimal when I attend the shows in the Fort), the only things I find in the shows are a great place to waste a day.

The only advantage to the shows is that I can find specific old firearms, like a an original M-1, an 1874 Winchester, an Arisaka, etc. However, once I found local supplies and experts in those types of things, I find it easier and more efficient to deal directly with the dealers outside the shows.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm pretty sure it's intentional that they don't post the cost on the website. Their price is solidly double most other gun shows.

I'm going, and I think it's going to be worth it. But I won't have to pay for parking; wife is just going to drop me off as she drives past on her way to a friend's house.

I also grabbed several of the dollar off coupons from one of the local gun shops, and I'll pass out all but one when I'm standing in line. Good way to make friends is to save them money in a way that has nothing in it for you. But you can get the dollar off by printing and bringing the ad from the classifieds here: Osgood Journal Classifieds

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    I'm pretty sure it's intentional that they don't post the cost on the website. Their price is solidly double most other gun shows.

But you can get the dollar off by printing and bringing the ad from the classifieds here: Osgood Journal Classifieds
    Thanks for the link.
    I like it because it's the best place to actually get some hands on time with a fire arm. And yes, better then a movie :)

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have not been to the 1500 since 2011. I will be going this time and taking my son-in-law. It will be his first gun show EVER. Yeah... I know a lot of people dislike going and it is expensive and easier to buy on line, but if nothing else it is entertaining. I agree better than a movie.:twocents:

lfacfp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Berne
    My card that I got in the mail from signing up at the show says $1 off this show or save it and get $2 off the March show. I printed the classified link above so I can save the card and get $2 off next time. Thanks for the link.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    $17 is well worth it to me. An entire day of walking around, looking at and fondling guns and gun related items? Heck yeah! Plus you get to visit the INGO table and some of the INGO advertisers. :thumbsup:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Friend at work says it's shot up to $15 for admission alone. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Probably the weekend pass - 3 full days of crop dusting.

...I park on the street that is south of the parking lots.

Pretty sketchy area. Not saying that the parking lot is that secure, but I wouldn't leave my vehicle on the street in that neighborhood. Definitely wouldn't leave anything valuable in the car. Someone sees you walking toward the fairgrounds, they'll know that the car will be unattended for at least a couple of hours.

...Their price is solidly double most other gun shows...

2x the price, but probably at least 5-10x the size of other shows. I'm not saying it's worth it; you'll save time at your LGS, and save money online, but it's a spectacle of humanity. And if you're looking for an unusual item, you might get lucky.

BTW, whatever happened to the girl who wore the tactical vest without much under it (except what mother nature so generously gave her)?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    My best friend and his son took me in 2011 and it was packed. Made three deals then had a bad experience with a vendor. It was my 1st show and more than likely my last. I can browse the local shops for free with local people. I hate the neighborHOOD, which does not give me any incentive to go again.

Top Bottom