• ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Officer: "Is there any reason for your excessive speed?"
    Driver: "My wife ran off with a police officer three months ago and I thought you were bringing her back."

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Thanks for posting this. I overheard my neighbor talking about it but didn't catch the whole story and I was curious what he was talking about.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My car makes enough power that I just can't floor it on the streets anymore. I've modded myself out of having fun outside of a track. When it only takes a few seconds to top 160 it's probably best.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Good for him though, pulling over and not causing any more trouble. At least he didn't try to run, it most likely would have ended poorly.

Old Prof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2015
    West Lafayette
    The odds of losing my license have been a major consideration in me not buying a fast car. Now I'm old enough that I think I would kill myself in a fast car.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had a Hayabusa a few years back and reached 150 whilst playing leapfrog with a Dodge Charger with a Hemi. Actually didn't realize I was going that fast until I glanced at the speedometer. Surprised me. I backed off and let him go. Passed him a few miles up, he was on the shoulder getting a performance award from a Michigan State Trooper. I guess I just got lucky that day. Those days are over. :)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    150 on my GSXR 1100 headed for Goodfellow AFB to finish my AIT. Came up behind a TX state trooper so fast I almost didn't get slowed down enough to not tag him. He watched me coming in the mirror. He let me follow him at 55 mph for about 10 miles before he turned off.

At 150 the phone poles look like picket fence going by. It's a little scary when you realize that your only tenuous contact with the ground is two patches about the size of a quarter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My 1st run past 130 was on a Ninja my BIL bought brand new. I noticed it had an indicator so you knew what gear you were in. I figured out why when I sent it to the red line multiple times because you just could not hear/feel the engine. Also the fact that you could zipp to 150 and not know that either.
    We put a pipe on it and tuned it to the pipe so you could here it and it was crazy fast after that.
    These new bikes are insane. Right out of the box.

Top Bottom