• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My vote would go for one of the Nikon Buckmaster II scopes in the 4-12x. Great glass for the money and great eye relief.

Yes Nikon makes a nice scope. I have a Buckmaster on a Ruger 243 and it works well. Even hit the concrete once with no ill effects. Love my Nikon SLR camera too.

My Redfield is crystal clear but has a cheap overall feel compared to Nikon.

You can use whatever on a 17 cal. There is no recoil.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I agree I have a redfield also and its super clear. I only give the edge to the Nikon due to a bit less in cost, and yes I agree it does seem to me as well that the Nikon feels a bit tougher. I think I have 3 different Nikons now and wouldn't be afraid to add another. The new Buckmaster II line of scopes is tough beat for the price, if your not looking for a scope with a lot of magnification.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yes Nikon makes a nice scope. I have a Buckmaster on a Ruger 243 and it works well. Even hit the concrete once with no ill effects. Love my Nikon SLR camera too.

Here my current varmint rig. Savage stainless, DI Products one piece mount with cutout, Warne rings, and an older Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14. I really wish there was an industry standard for stainless guns/accesories
    http://[URL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/foxmustang85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1455325007148-490416701_zpsfvndbv3h.jpg.html] [/URL]

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    I went with a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44 for $180.00 and Leopold rings for $20 on my Marlin .17. I am very happy with it. Many go for the sweet 17 scope. I think it is made by BSA. The .17 HMR is super fun to shoot! One of my favorite guns I own! Good luck!

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I have a Leupold VX-I 2-7x32 on my savage 17, and I really like it. I don't thing it would be my choice for precision target shooting or trying for small game at 100 yes. But it's a nice, light weight option for a squirrel/critter gun, and it's held zero perfectly. My Savage is sport barrel, also with no sights, for what it's worth. I've killed a number of chipmunks, squirrels, etc with mine in this setup.

Top Bottom