• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Again, if Martin was not on a public street or sidewalk and in somebody's yard when first spotted by Zimmerman, why didn't he say so to 911? There is NOTHING in the transcript that indicates Martin committed a crime. Walking down the road in front of my house is not a crime and I WILL NOT confront somebody for doing so. Wondering around on my property is.

But if you want Zimmerman to be the poster boy for gun owners, feel free.

Gated communities are private property, that's why they're gated. Why's it OK for you to control your property but not them?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Again, I'm only giving the same presumption of guilt to Zimmerman that he affords to others.

Night all.

No, you're claiming rights for yourself that you deny others. You want to control your property but deny it to others. Everyone but you should give over free access to their property. You insist others should help the poor misunderstood youth as long as you don't have to do it. Martin was inside the gates and on private property. The property owner, the HOA, gave Zimmerman watch over the property. There is no evidence Zimmerman did anything inconsistent with that.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Gated communities are private property, that's why they're gated. Why's it OK for you to control your property but not them?

Trayvon had every right to be on that private property and at the time of the incident, it would have been pretty easy to simply keep an eye on him. Just because Zimmerman didn't know the kid doesn't mean he shouldn't have been there.

The way things look as of right now, they both screwed up and I'm sticking with that until/if more details are released

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    26K views on this subject!! That is a pretty good indicator of how volatile this thing is. I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter what happens with this, there will be innocent people get killed and property damage out the wazoo. I sure hope I am wrong. Certain people are getting way too much air time over it and just fanning the flames.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    26K views on this subject!! That is a pretty good indicator of how volatile this thing is. I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter what happens with this, there will be innocent people get killed and property damage out the wazoo. I sure hope I am wrong. Certain people are getting way too much air time over it and just fanning the flames.
    Either way you slice it, SW(will)HTF.

I have a few questions though, when is it the best route to hire a lawyer and then go to the media? When is it the best route to turn this into a race issue? When is it the best route to go on tour across America? Who is funding these travels?:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

I know for a fact this is a hot button topic for a lot of people. It seems that everyone has made up their own minds on the matter. I would not want to be zimmerman right now, where would you hide even after you were cleared? I also have yet to make my conclusions.

I will say that, the parents of a child who gets murdered in a drug deal gone bad.. will say he was such a good boy/Girl... I can't believe this happened to little sammy. Or to the kid's parents who OD on drugs... SAMMY was such a good kid this should have never happened.. Or.. the recent Kroger shooting.. the family said the Perp was such a good guy, and had a child on the way... and.. well we all know the truth on that matter now....Everyone's Kid is always an ANGEL especially when something bad happens.. No more examples..:twocents:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Trayvon had every right to be on that private property and at the time of the incident, it would have been pretty easy to simply keep an eye on him. Just because Zimmerman didn't know the kid doesn't mean he shouldn't have been there.

The way things look as of right now, they both screwed up and I'm sticking with that until/if more details are released

Doesn't mean he shouldn't be there, but also doesn't mean that Zimmerman couldn't question his presence.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Either way you slice it, SW(will)HTF.

I have a few questions though, when is it the best route to hire a lawyer and then go to the media? When is it the best route to turn this into a race issue? When is it the best route to go on tour across America? Who is funding these travels?:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

I know for a fact this is a hot button topic for a lot of people. It seems that everyone has made up their own minds on the matter. I would not want to be zimmerman right now, where would you hide even after you were cleared? I also have yet to make my conclusions.

I will say that, the parents of a child who gets murdered in a drug deal gone bad.. will say he was such a good boy/Girl... I can't believe this happened to little sammy. Or to the kid's parents who OD on drugs... SAMMY was such a good kid this should have never happened.. Or.. the recent Kroger shooting.. the family said the Perp was such a good guy, and had a child on the way... and.. well we all know the truth on that matter now....Everyone's Kid is always an ANGEL especially when something bad happens.. No more examples..:twocents:

I am posting this link once again because I know a lot of guys don't have the time to read through all these post's.

WARRIOR TALK NEWS - Commentary: The Zimmerman - Martin Shooting

The thing that IMO anyone should consider is why would you want to possibly put yourself in the situation that Zimmerman put himself through. I understand dedication and all that. But this guy has his a-- hanging out there now. I would imagine his HOA isn't going to stick up for him. So in the end what has he gained? What has he accomplished? If we asked him now I imagine he would say to not get involved unless it was involved life and death ( Read link) When that times comes you will know it. No ifs, and's, buts or maybe's.:twocents: Scares me.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I am posting this link once again because I know a lot of guys don't have the time to read through all these post's.

The thing that IMO anyone should consider is why would you want to possibly put yourself in the situation that Zimmerman put himself through. I understand dedication and all that. But this guy has his a-- hanging out there now. I would imagine his HOA isn't going to stick up for him. So in the end what has he gained? What has he accomplished? If we asked him now I imagine he would say to not get involved unless it was involved life and death ( Read link) When that times comes you will know it. No ifs, and's, buts or maybe's.:twocents: Scares me.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and every Monday morning quarterback could have won the game.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Hindsight is always 20/20, and every Monday morning quarterback could have won the game.

Correct. Don't know about anyone else but I attempt to always think about how something I might do will look later on to others. I still end up doing things one way that might have been done better a different way or not at all. That is one of the reasons I read into these types of incidents.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

We evaluate good and bad shoots all the time. I guess we aren't allowed to do that with this case.

And for a "gated" community, it must be pretty porous for all of these criminals to be getting in. I suggest the community have a meeting at 6 pm every night so that any guests for the evening can be paraded around so that all residents will know who should and shouldn't be there.

Maybe I'm a bad neighbor, but I'm not getting involved in their business unless I see that they're personally in danger.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    This is a simple case of two bad mistakes leading up to a self defense shooting. I'd argue that there are a number of self defense shootings that start with two bad decisions.

Bad decision #1 - Zimmerman gets out of his vehicle while following Martin. Could have stayed inside the vehicle and done more than enough to report what was taking place.

Bad decision #2 - Trayvon decided to attack Martin for whatever reason. Could have easily just said a few choice words and went on about his way. Starting with "why are you following me? I live here" would have been a good choice.

Unfortunately decision 1 led to decision 2 and that led to a self defense shooting. Nothing illegal, but now it's up to a jury of 12 people not smart enough to be able to avoid jury duty to determine the fate of Mr. Zimmerman.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Cooler heads won't prevail. The MSM and professional activists have seen to that.

Unless Zimmerman is indicted. I doubt there would be a huge militant response to that.

At some point the US is either going to handle these cases rationally, or the country is going to go spinning off into space. And cease to be one country.

The MSM have played this all along to generate maximum excitement. I'm wondering if their manipulations don't somehow fall under Civil Rights laws, or some hate crime statute.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    ...and we have no idea who it was. However one of them illustrated their stupidity first, and illegal acts and stupidity often go hand in hand.

Which one? The one who was protecting his neighborhood or the one who was suspended from school and sent to his dad's house for the 10 days he was suspended during which time he decided to assault someone else?

All evidence points to just one person initiating force. The dead one.

Stupid can kill.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom