• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    I think they should be forced to live on the average wage that "We the People" live on before they have a right to b***h about not making enough money

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    What that figure doesn't show too is all the stuff they write off, all the fringe benefits the free trips/food/travel/etc. The number geta ALOT higher when you throw all that stuff in.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    the cost of living is higher in DC a 90k a year job there is equivalent to a 45 to 50K a year job here.

I don't so much have a problem with the 175k a year they make while in office it's the pensions and lifetime health benefits they get that really rub me the wrong way....

Ok I said it now let the bashing begin.

trad78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Griffith
    :bash:

I don't know, for all the vacation time they get, and all the perks, I think that figure is extremely high. I bet most of them don't even live in DC. I agree with the pensions, insurance, etc.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You don't get lifetime pensions / ins for A term served...

You've gotta earn it just like any other Fed. employee.

-J-

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    the cost of living is higher in DC a 90k a year job there is equivalent to a 45 to 50K a year job here.

I don't so much have a problem with the 175k a year they make while in office it's the pensions and lifetime health benefits they get that really rub me the wrong way....

Ok I said it now let the bashing begin.

I agree. They have to maintain two homes, too. One in DC, and one at home. The other benefits are beyond reasonable. Especially for those who exit in disgrace.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    For those who dont like how much they make, go ahead get a campaign together and make a run for the House or Senate.

Most of those folks made or could make mroe than that in the private sector. Most politicians are lawyers, business people, etc. Usually fairly successful ones.

I dont make anywhere near that much, but it wouldnt be worth it to deal with that type of a job. Too much BS from those who give you $$, the people you work with, and the voters/public.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Isnt that why they vote to give themselves raises every year?

The average salary here in Fairfax county (northern va) is i believe 75k. If you are making over double that and struggling in roughly the same area im in, then maybe you should find a different job.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    That's why a politician shouldn't be a full time job. Only pay for hotel rooms for congress for 4 times out of the year and call it good.

If they only get paid part time, how will they be able to afford "Laws on tape?" Lord knows they probly dont read 90% of the things they pass anyway

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Can someone tell me why Congress-critters can't work from their own district most of the time? They should not NEED to live in DC as well as here. If I can run a software business from Salem, IN, then surely they can conduct business/conference calls/bribe arrangements/whatever from their home district. Surely we have the communication infrastructure for this, right?

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    How about 200K a year no heath for life. They have to pay SS just like the rest and we provide a "normal" apartment for them. Oh and one Term. They are there to serve us. Or we could go military. Less than 50K, a tent, a Chow hall, and PTSD. Oh and the military's retirement is too much so they don't get 50% base pay. around 1200 a month.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    The American people for too long trusted government, believing that our public servants were doing their best for "we the people". Thanks to the Tea Party, many no longer believe that. Government is out for itself and for more control and power. The fact that public employees will pay themselves kore and more money should not surprise anyone...nor should their collaboration and collusion with the unions!

Top Bottom