• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Ive tossed around the the idea of picking up a WSM for a while, but always seem to talk myself out of it. I know they had accuracy issues, but I think that was attributed to ammo but not entirely sure. However I know a few more manufactures are making ammo for the caliber now and with the addition of the heavy barrel model perhaps the accuracy issues will be non existent now. Let us know how your shoots!

Will do. I picked up the heavy barreled version so I'm hoping to avoid the accuracy issues. Waiting on scope and ammo to find out tho

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Good deal, try as many different types of ammo as you can. From everything Ive read and the guys Ive talked to that own them, it seems to be the thought that its good to try a bunch of different stuff as they all seem to like different ammo. But I think a lot of guys are getting the best results from the higher weight projectile, which is to be expected.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Local gunshop had done Hornady 20gr so I put a scope of the shelf on and headed to the conservation club. I don't have shooting bags or a sled so I shot off of a rolled up pair of jeans. I am able to hold 1/2 inch groups at 100 years and 1 inch at 150. I'm so impressed with the performance of of the box.

I still want a Boyd's stock to get a little more lop. The factory stock just feels short even with a heavy coat on.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Local gunshop had done Hornady 20gr so I put a scope of the shelf on and headed to the conservation club. I don't have shooting bags or a sled so I shot off of a rolled up pair of jeans. I am able to hold 1/2 inch groups at 100 years and 1 inch at 150. I'm so impressed with the performance of of the box.

I still want a Boyd's stock to get a little more lop. The factory stock just feels short even with a heavy coat on.

Im not from Missouri, but I would like to see that rifle shoot those groups.

Top Bottom