• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    When I was a kid in Michigan they would just confiscate all your stuff: "nice gun, now it's the state's." "How'd you get here? Oh, nice truck, now it's the states"
    sounds like we need to do that here.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Why would you even check in that crime? I would take picks, cut the rack, and savor the story until years ahead.

Course I wouldn't poach as it were anyhow.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    How are you meaning "spotlighting"?

Merely going out dirt-roading and looking for critters?

Or using a spotlight to poach - which is already illegal?

When I say spotlighting I mean casting a light from a window of a vehicle period. I used to spot light deer and video them but there are always a few that cannot resist seeing the big buck and then shooting it. The temptation is too great for the few and they ruin it for the folks just going out for a look. The practice of spotlighting deer (not shooting) is highly illegal in Illinois and Kentucky. Spotlighting should be banned like many states have done. The few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Great!

So the guy poached a deer then involved an 11 yr old boy in his criminal activity? Now there's a guy you want to have helping you bring up your kid, ladies!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Want, you guys want MAKE A LAW against spot-lighting? Really?

Is that where we are in this country now?

It's already illegal to do it with a weapon in a vehicle.

It is already illegal to shoot game after legal shooting light.

WHY DO YOU WANT MORE LAWS??

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Want, you guys want MAKE A LAW against spot-lighting? Really?

Is that where we are in this country now?

It's already illegal to do it with a weapon in a vehicle.

It is already illegal to shoot game after legal shooting light.

WHY DO YOU WANT MORE LAWS??

I think I just broke the law a minute ago. Takin' a whiz by the shop when I heard movement. I hit the 6 pointer with a beam from the Nitecore, (of course I was armed.) I guess they can come get me. :dunno:

He is a known OutLaw !!!!

What else has he done?

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Banning spotlighting is a stupid idea. I think you should be able to carry your personal protection firearm while spotlighting too. I mean its illegal to rob a gas station but legal to carry a gun in one. Why take away my right to protect myself while spotlighting because poaching is illegal?

People will say that you'd be tempted to shoot a big buck if you were armed. Only a poacher would shoot. Just like only a criminal will rob a bank or gas station.

Punishing me for something I might do....sounds like Obam-nation to me.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I hate hearsay.

We have one local supposed religious guy who calls everybody a poacher when he's in the shops. Moron put an arrow through his own hand, too bad it wasn't his freakin' mouth.

I suspect some folks of poaching, but unless I have definitive proof, I keep my freakin' mouth shut. Yrs ago some idiot at the plant I worked was blabbing about a poached deer checked in at a certain shop. This was months after season, I was strolling through a different dept and saw a hunter I knew being earburned by this know it all.

I asked for details, and he gave them.

C sucker was talking about my deer (which was a legal). He shut up, rather than get dentures.

Dunno about this situation...............but unless people have proof they really need to shutup.

Got proof? Then talk to the DNR.

If the DNR keeps the buck in question, then ream the guy if you wish. If they return it.......................

kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I hate hearsay.

We have one local supposed religious guy who calls everybody a poacher when he's in the shops. Moron put an arrow through his own hand, too bad it wasn't his freakin' mouth.

I suspect some folks of poaching, but unless I have definitive proof, I keep my freakin' mouth shut. Yrs ago some idiot at the plant I worked was blabbing about a poached deer checked in at a certain shop. This was months after season, I was strolling through a different dept and saw a hunter I knew being earburned by this know it all.

C sucker was talking about my deer (which was a legal). He shut up, rather than get dentures.

Dunno about this situation...............but unless people have proof they really need to shutup.

If the DNR keeps the buck in question, then ream the guy if you wish. If they return it.......................

Easy does it, :cool: Punching people in the mouth at work usally gets you fired, arrested, and divorced. It's your life, just some friendly advice :)

nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    I hate hearsay.

25565151.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Easy does it, :cool: Punching people in the mouth at work usally gets you fired, arrested, and divorced. It's your life, just some friendly advice :)

Don't need your advice.

And I take it other than friendly (since you must think I'm friggin' stupid and not willing to pay whatever price there is for purposefully breaking the known rules).

What next....tell me to wear my safety belt when in a stand and not drink and drive?

Yeeeesh.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I know some folks who hunt hard, take nice deer. And every year the rumors start.
    So bad they almost have to go on witness protection plan.

Shoot a book deer and then you might also enjoy the fun.

It wears after a while.

Even if not directed at you, being around it (working in a large place or hanging out as a reg in a shop) gets really friggin' old.

And it's usually the same folks who spew the nonsense, yr after yr.

Amazingly, they have a cult following that then perpetuate it. I hear so and so say it, then his buddies, and their buddies. One legal nice buck gets told by one moron as a poached deer, and he tells two "friends"............passers by hear it and think that 6-25 deer have been poached.

Really, lost deer, or poached deer...............talking about it doesn't serve our sport very well.

Inform those who need to know and then STFU about it, esp in public.

Just my .02

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    People fail to realize that being an ass to others is not without risk.
    Sure some folks don't understand the risks, but many do.
    And some folks break the rules, fully knowing the costs.

I had to explain that to a liberal who thought they could burn the flag (not in protest but in simple attention wh*ring) in front of old WW2 vets (this on a large liberal site's political forum).

He really thought people were physically constrained by the law, as if some piece of paper would lock back the arm of the person he p*ssed off.

My point well above was..............call people poachers (or whatever) at the shops, stores and at work..............go ahead, put it on the loudspeaker.

There' absolutely nothing anybody will do ;)

Hint: watch out for the old Republican guys, they had jobs and have money, and family with money, and probably would make rich friends after the show was put on Youtube.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    BTW, isn't the start of this thread a pic of a minor who reportedly may have participated in illegal activity?

Probably should have blurred out his face before posting (even if the pic possibly of public domain).

My rule: never post a pic of anybody's kid without their parent's permission.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom