• ...and so much more!
  • Jim5528

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Update on my new Rock Island TAC FS 10mm. I completed a little polishing and trigger work, changed the spring to the recommend 22lbs and now have a total of 200 rounds through it. I have had zero issues with the last 100 rounds.
    RIA 1911 10mm-2.jpg

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    To be on the safe side with any full 10mm loads, did OP consider a Sw 1006?

They can be had i the 500-700 range if you shop carefully, and Ive never seen anyone express any concern over the SW10xx's ability to handle any available 10mm loads. No kabooms that I am aware of either.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    To be on the safe side with any full 10mm loads, did OP consider a Sw 1006?

They can be had i the 500-700 range if you shop carefully, and Ive never seen anyone express any concern over the SW10xx's ability to handle any available 10mm loads. No kabooms that I am aware of either.

I haven't seen one under $800 in a long time, and the mags ruin $50+.
    You are correct about being able to handle full house loads though.
    I wish I could find one for 500-600, I'd be bringing home my 5th Smith and Wesson 10mm!

mdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    I also own RIA 10mm TAC FS and the only problem I’ve had was it was destroying the ejected brass. Contacted RIA and they sent me a prepaid shipping label. Boxed it up and had it back in less than 2 weeks. The gun runs perfectly with both mild and hot loads. Found sone inexpensive frangible bullets on line from America Reloading and after shooting several hundred rounds have had no failures of any kind.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    I haven't seen one under $800 in a long time, and the mags ruin $50+.
    You are correct about being able to handle full house loads though.
    I wish I could find one for 500-600, I'd be bringing home my 5th Smith and Wesson 10mm!

You are right.....usually the the ones I see are $700-900 range as well. That said, if one keeps their eyes open, looks hard and carefully, there are some occasional great deals still out there. I picked up this one (my 3rd) over the holidays from a IL FFL selling off estate guns.....$500 including 3 mags. I realize it was a lucky find, but one can make their own luck sometimes.

Post # 540 in thread below

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/423996-s-w-3rd-gen-semi-autos-54.html

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had a customer transfer in a new Ruger SR1911 in 10 mm and I have to say she was beautiful.....Nice bull barrel...Tight as a drum...Very well finished...He got delayed so I get a few more days to coon finger it.....

The customer said it was okay.....I really did ask.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had a customer transfer in a new Ruger SR1911 in 10 mm and I have to say she was beautiful.....Nice bull barrel...Tight as a drum...Very well finished...He got delayed so I get a few more days to coon finger it.....

The customer said it was okay.....I really did ask.....
    I like the looks of a bull barrel 1911, but they’re a PITA.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    LOL! Ive used the Dawson tool less guide rods in my other bull barrels. Haven't gotten around to putting one in the Ruger yet.

Top Bottom