• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    I was just curious as to what the dealer cost was on Rock Island 1911s. I was quoted at $450 for the 3.5" Compact, and I thought that was kind of high. He claims he only charges $30 over actual cost. If this is so, how can Centerfire get away with selling them for $389? I try to get all my purchases local to help out the local shops, but money is tight, and I want to find the best deal I can. Any help?

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I highly doubt you're going to get a FFL holder on here to give you their cost. But Centerfire probably orders them buy the crate and the small time guy gets 3 or 4 at a time. More you buy the more you save. $450 isn't that bad of a price on the RI 3.5

Is Centerfire $389 plus tax and shipping? Then will you have to pay a transfer fee?

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Wow I passed on a used one in the local shop at $299. It didn't last long. Just not into the short short 1911's.

Wow I would have jumped all over that. I have been searching shops for a nice used one for a while now, but I figure I will just buy one new if I can't find a good used one.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Your buddy isn't playing games with you, small time dealers (especially those that work out of their homes) don't get the same dealer cost as those who purchase in large quantities and with greater frequency.

My dealer cost, although I am no longer a dealer but have access to my distributor prices still, on a similar 3.5" Citidel 1911 is currently $451.25 + Shipping

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It also depends on the distributor that you order through.

And as been said, some folks can get volume discounts. This holds true for both the distributor and for the final selling dealer.

There can also be deals struck such as: "I'll buy these 50 surplus rifles at this price point, if you'll also sell me these 20 pistols at this price point", etc etc.

And I'm one of the fortunate few that can get stuff at-cost from my friendly FFL holder. woo hoo.

-J-

Top Bottom