• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Guys,

I was a the range not long ago and a gentleman had a 1911 with these grips I really liked. They seemed to be a composite materiel and were very textured. It was a rough texture that was not uncomfortable but would provide a tight grip even in damp conditions. I have searched Midway but a picture isnt helping me figure out what they are. They will also be going on my Colt Rail Gun ( the start of the Mods) What else will I need or will I need anything for the swap from the wood grips? As far as I am aware all I will need is the grips.

Thanks guys.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    you my friend need a set of VZ Grips. I <3 my Operator IIs.

20111102120203.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yes Sir VZ grips. They have sales almost every holiday including Halloween & Fathers Day. So go to the web site and sign up for the newsletter you will then be notified of the next sale.

Also keep an eye on eBay. People buy guns put VZ grips on the guns. Then they sell the guns without the VZ grips and the VZ grips end up on eBay. That is how I got VZ grips for my CZ 75B at a very good price and they were like new.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Going to mention the same company that everyone else already has. A couple others of course being Hogue and Packmayr handgun grips. Personally, I like the Packmayr just a little more, but they are both great as well. Course, if you can, I would say go with the VZ. Then again, Crimson Trace makes more then a couple different styles as well.

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    VZ!!! Wait for a 20% off deal. Probably be one for 7/4 they are definitely the only grips I use. You may want get some of the O rings too, sometimes they need them to fit properly. I thought the local Hardware would be cheaper... nope .49 each + tax. So save your time and a few pennys and order them with your grips.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Great following of VZ grip owners. Just hope that these posts have answered the question of what kind of grips were on the gun he saw. Not sure if these posts have helped him figure out which ones they were.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Great following of VZ grip owners. Just hope that these posts have answered the question of what kind of grips were on the gun he saw. Not sure if these posts have helped him figure out which ones they were.

From the description in the OP I think the general consensuses is that they are of the VZ design. Although others make similar grips, VZ is the best in my opinion. That is why I steered him towards VZ. I actually have a set of glass nylon grips that look just like VZ Gator Backs. They are functional but not as good as my VZ grips that is why I only mentioned VZ grips in this thread.

As an after thought if Sig sold the 1911 Ergo XT grips at their online store I would have suggested those also. As they are the only factory grips that came on a weapon that I actually like and have no plans of changing.

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

thats why i posted a picture ;) what he describes sounds like VZ, but could be another company. But that description fits the VZ Operators (and a few others depending on preference).

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    These were all black and if my memory serves me correct they had no cut near the mag release. I wonder if they were Euro XTs but will also check out VZ.

Top Bottom