• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I tried these grips on a chrome pistol but didn't like the look. Swapped them to a blued gun and think it looks great. Thoughts on this combination?

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I forgot to ask. Anyone have a good recommendation for a concealed carry holster? I would like an Inside the Pants holster that simply clips on the belt. But, most don't have a thumbreak, which I want. Recommendations? Better ideas? Thanks in advance.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Some police departments require a thumbrake - don't know if that's the issue or not, but I'm just saying..

Anyhow, you probably won't find an IWB holster with a break, because the retention is supposed to be due to concealment. A good holster should retain the handgun without a break at all - I've run full-on, as hard as I can, into a pool and swam with my Glock in an open-top holster, and it stayed in place with no issue whatsoever..

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    here's mine, springfield 1911 A1. had a bit of work done at darrels custom firearms in Cayuga

camera3031.jpg

Is your's an NM serial number? Here is mine with a CZ-52. Mine was made in 83. I had to replace my thumb safety and the only one that work as a drop in was an extended thumb safety. Other than that, it is stock.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    yes sir, a NM. my dad purchased it back in the 90's and had it lightly mod'ed for military pistol competition. right after he had it all done they made everyone shoot the beretta 92's then he won the combat pistol course without it. irionic.

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    I can't wait to be able to post a picture of my soon to be Taurus full size stainless.... hopefully it's only days away

Last edited:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I forgot to ask. Anyone have a good recommendation for a concealed carry holster? I would like an Inside the Pants holster that simply clips on the belt. But, most don't have a thumbreak, which I want. Recommendations? Better ideas? Thanks in advance.

Kytac Braveheart - between the design of the holster itself and your belt/pants providing added tension a thumb break isn't added or needed

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This one has been sitting in the safe for quite a while. Its a fairly early example, uses the 2 piece brazed barrel of the early Combat Masters. The unusual thing about this gun is it is fully factory polished. Not a lot of the full polished guns were made.

1-12.jpg

2-7.jpg

4-4.jpg

3-7.jpg

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    My Colt 1991A1...also the first pistol I ever owned:
    DSC01149.jpg

Haven't had a chance to take a pic of my newest .45 yet. I bought a Rock Island compact at the 1500 Friday.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

Stupid camera picked up every piece of lint / fuzz and one of my girlfriends hairs on the last shot. Oh well, you get the idea. its a Rock Island 1911A1

Top Bottom