• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I shoot with a high thumb grip position. I like an over sized safety to start and then I reshape it slightly narrower to suit my taste. This is part of the reason I stay with stainless 1911's. You don't have to reblue any parts you modify.

NightFisher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I shoot with a high thumb grip position. I like an over sized safety to start and then I reshape it slightly narrower to suit my taste. This is part of the reason I stay with stainless 1911's. You don't have to reblue any parts you modify.

This is very VERY true and a great point. I noticed this on my Combat Elite, its half blue half stainless and I kept realizing how easy it was to work on the stainless half....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm still a fan of the extended thumb safeties. An extended thumb safety is pretty much the first mod I make to a 1911 that may get carried if it does not already have the extended thumb safety. To each, their own though.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm over 70 and like the wide safeties as Arther is in my hands, and being wide if my thumb isn't moving good it still gets off.

Top Bottom