• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I recently picked up a Springfield Range Officer Compact 1911 and took her out and shot her for the first time today. Everything seemed to work just fine except for the trigger. It would occasionally fail to reset. It cycled both PPU and Winchester White Box just fine, but the trigger wouldn't reset. This problem did not present itself at all during dryfire. Also pulling the slide back just a bit and releasing it would get the trigger to reset.

I'm new to 1911s and am pretty clueless on this. Can anybody help me out here?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    might just need a good in depth cleaning to get everything moving free. I had a Ruger SR1911 that was the same way. It was a lot easier to clean it then send it back to the factory. But it would mean pulling grips off and trigger parts out

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Also pulling the slide back just a bit and releasing it would get the trigger to reset.

Sounds like the slide is not going all the way into battery? Assuming that you are shooting factory ammo I'd be tempted to give it a normal clean and lube & then try to put 50 rounds through it. Also I'd call Springfield Monday, it is free and they should have darn solid advice.

Some 1911's like to see 100 rounds or so before they run well. My 45 does not like brass that is swollen at the base & not completely resized (durn Glocks).

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If it is a new gun it will have burrs in it from machining. It also may have a weak/misadjusted sear spring as well since the manufacturers usually buy cheap springs in bulk. Don't worry - it can be fixed by anyone who understands 1911s.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    If it is a new gun it will have burrs in it from machining. It also may have a weak/misadjusted sear spring as well since the manufacturers usually buy cheap springs in bulk. Don't worry - it can be fixed by anyone who understands 1911s.

That was the problem. AllenM (who is awesome by the way) took it apart and showed me what the issue was. It just needed to be smoothed out a bit. The gun now has a noticeable reset and the problem should be solved. Whenever I get around to buying more ammo I'll test it out.

PS: Is it possible to give a 1000 rep?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom