• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Anyone know of a decent place that might take seriously my desire to rebuild one of my favorite old air rifles?

It was very "accurate" and still fairly "powerful" even through the early '90s. I have taken small game with it and even killed (headshots) marauding coyotes terrorizing the neighborhood trash cans.

It is a 5mm Sheridan pump from '72, but the seals are shot after about twenty years of non-use. I would love to have the seals brought back to former glory.

Any ideas?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Pyramyd Air guns or Air guns of Arizona are two places I would check. Both of those places have helped me with replacement seals for vintage airguns.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    There are several guys out there who specialize in airgun repair, but you can probably get all kinds of ideas on where to get new seals and how to install them if you go to GTA - Airguns & Guns Forum with your questions.
    Today, by far the most popular types of airguns are spring piston or pre-charged pneumatics, but there are still lots of folks with knowledge about pneumatic pump guns, especially Benjamin and Sheridan rifles.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    There are several guys out there who specialize in airgun repair, but you can probably get all kinds of ideas on where to get new seals and how to install them if you go to GTA - Airguns & Guns Forum with your questions.
    Today, by far the most popular types of airguns are spring piston or pre-charged pneumatics, but there are still lots of folks with knowledge about pneumatic pump guns, especially Benjamin and Sheridan rifles.

Sorry, taking so long to reply, but Dayum!! I had no idea there was such a community of airgun users.

I kind of thought that I was whizzin' into the wind with this question.

My teen son wants to learn on something that I learned on, but his interest is SO high in this old pellet gun, I have not had the (whatever it takes) to tell him that I had been shooting for fourteen years when, as an adult, I decided that I "needed" a decent air rifle.

Just not quite ready to tell him that I did not learn on this gun, but he certainly CAN. I need to get it working properly.

Top Bottom