gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    What:
    -1979 Ford F-150
    -97,XXX Miles, but the odometer only goes up to 100,000 so it may be rolled over. I have no idea.
    - 351 Windsor Motor
    -Automatic Transmission

The Good:
    -Working 4x4 with manual hubs.
    -Working radio/ tape deck(original Kraco) and heater.
    -Extra leaf springs in the back.
    -Newer Hitch Reciever w/ both 4 and 8 Pin electric.
    -Sliding rear glass and side wing windows.
    -New Alternator, Battery, voltage regulator, belts, and front U-Joint.
    -Very little rust for its age, extremely clean body.
    -Runs and Drives great, up until last year, I used this as a daily driver in the fall and winter, I took it to Purdue and back several times when I was driving it regularly.
    -Mastercraft Courser CTs with in my estimation at least 65% tread left.

The Not So Good:
    -Has not been driven much in the last year (<100 miles).
    -Choke/ Carb need adjusted, it starts a little rough but runs great once it warms up.
    -Leaks a little oil, when I drove it regularly, I added about half a quart between oil changes.
    - leaks a little bit of coolant from the waterpump gasket, but like the oil, not much. I added about half a quart a year to the radiator.
    -Has some rust here and there, the worst is on the inside of the doors and frames, but it is all surface rust and could easily be removed.
    -The paint is in pretty bad shape as well.
    -There interior is so-so, there are some cracks in the rubber flooring and vinyl dash due to age, the seatback upholstery is good, with no tears, but I've never taken the cover off the bottom part of seat, so I dont know what it looks like but I would assume its got some tears.
    -The exhaust from the muffler back is gone due to rust, so its a bit loud.
    -Theres a crack somewhere in the weather stripping on the passenger door that I could never find but that whistles a little at high speed.
    -The speedometer bounces like many old Fords until you hit about 45.
    -The Bottom of the bed may be no good from a restoration standpoint, when I got it, there was a piece of diamond plate screwed in to the bottom of the bed, I have no idea what it looks like under this plate, but the bed is still vey sturdy and a little more heavy duty because of it.

All in all, this is a solid truck that does great in bad conditions. I kept it exclusively as a hunting and winter vehicle and it filled the role perfectly. Most of the problems are relatively inconsequential and could easily be remedied. This would be great for somebody looking for a dependable winter vehicle or as a restoration project as the body and frame are about as close to perfect as you'll find on a truck of this age.

$2,750
    Goshen

Possible partial trade for a reasonably priced underfolder AK variant and/or Ruger SR1911

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom