1st Detonics MTX 1911 45acp (CombatMaster) produced + Prototype (photos/review)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Im ok if you lit one up while outside, not in confined spaces(in a car, etc.)...

My eCig should be here in a couple of days, its about a 2 hour drive up to Mellensdad's area we can always make a stop or two if necessary. Any brass cased ammo shoots fine in my pistols...

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My eCig should be here in a couple of days, its about a 2 hour drive up to Mellensdad's area we can always make a stop or two if necessary. Any brass cased ammo shoots fine in my pistols...

Ain't 21st century up that way?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What is the mag availability, and are there any available in 9mm?
    Right now the guns are exceedingly rare, they have only been available to order for the past 2 days on the Detonics Defense Technologies: Enhancing Combat Precision website. As a collector I got the inside track on the guns and was able to pester the factory enough that I got to order early, which is the only reason I got my 2 guns before they even put the guns on their factory website. They've probably shipped out few dozen weapons at this point.

The production is scheduled to ramp up to about 125 per week/500 per month in fairly short order, but right now the only variant is the "Colt Officer Size" 45acp COMPACT gun with the 3.5" barrel and 12 round magazine.

I was told that "other calibers" will be coming. I don't know when. I don't know which calibers.

The next gun that I believe (assuming my aging brain understood correctly) is coming out is the full size version of this gun. It will be a 14 shot, 5" 45acp pistol in the standard "Colt Government Model" size.

Being modular, the 3.5" gun and the 5" gun will share most of the same parts and I should be able to reconfigure my 3.5" 12 shot to be a 3.5" 14 shot, or turn a 14 shot 5" into a 12 shot 5" or any combination of sides, grips and magazines that I can come up with.

As for magazines availability, I'm sure they will be available on the Detonics website. They will not interchange with ParaUSA or STI or other double stack magazines as those guns have the old style grip angle and this gun has a raked back grip angle that mimics the Browning HP. The grip angle is one of the key factors in reducing felt recoil and improving second-shot placement and speed.

I did a mini-shooting review, in a different thread, you may want to check that out too. => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._compact_1911_first_shooting_impressions.html

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sometimes you just have to make time. I will happily make the 2 hour drive up there to try it out, I have several newish firearms I need to shoot. Just say when. I can be free Sat- Tues afternoons most weeks. If Caleb can get the free time he could ride up with me. God knows I am certainly overdue for a good cigar as well...

Let me know ahead of time so I'll know I'd I got time....I wouldn't mind shooting a few rounds of the kimber as well! :)
    Guys I'd be up for shooting with you but my schedule during the high school fencing season is hectic at best.

The ONLY day when I am free is Sunday. And even then, that is generally reserved for family time so I really am not free very often.

If I can break away, or if we get a cancelled fencing practice, then I'd be game to meet you guys half-way at someplace like Winamac to put this gun through its paces and compare it to some other 1911s as well as other guns. Just not sure when that can happen.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Guys I'd be up for shooting with you but my schedule during the high school fencing season is hectic at best.

The ONLY day when I am free is Sunday. And even then, that is generally reserved for family time so I really am not free very often.

If I can break away, or if we get a cancelled fencing practice, then I'd be game to meet you guys half-way at someplace like Winamac to put this gun through its paces and compare it to some other 1911s as well as other guns. Just not sure when that can happen.

Keep chefcook and I updated with any free time you might have

Top Bottom