1st Detonics MTX 1911 45acp (CombatMaster) produced + Prototype (photos/review)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You need to shoot it. Who cares if it's the first one. Shoot it. Then come do a review.

Since I have both the final prototype and the 1st production gun, and since both are the same in every way but the name engraved on the frame, why would shoot gun #1 when the prototype already has 15,000 to 20,000 rounds through it and any shots I take won't reduce its value, but shooting gun #1 will destroy its value.

The all black gun is the first production gun, that is the safe queen. The 2 tone gun is the prototype and that will be shot.

I will be doing a shooting review. I just have very little time with the competitive fencing season in full swing. If the weather is good on Friday, or maybe Sunday, then I may be able to get a review up within a week. But its been raining and my range is in the field that drains into a creek so weather is a real issue.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Size Comparison for those who are curious:

TOP LEFT + BOTTOM LEFT = Detonics DTX
    MIDDLE LEFT = Detonics CombatMaster
    TOP RIGHT = Para Warthog sub-compact
    MIDDLE RIGHT = CZ 75 P-01 compact
    LOWER RIGHT = Safari Arms Enforcer (Colt Officer size)
    photo1-2-1.jpg

Detonics MTX compact vs Safari Arms Enforcer (Colt Officer Model size)
    photo2-1-1.jpg

Detonics MTX 12 shot compact vs Para Warthog (10 shot)
    photo4-1.jpg

Detonics MTX 12 shot compact vs Detonics CombatMaster (6 shot)
    photo5-1.jpg

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    It looks like an XD/1911 hybrid, but I like it. It'd be a sick carry piece, hopefully comptac comes out with a holster for it quickly

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The boss is in the hospital as he just had surgery, hopefully he'll be released within the next couple of days.

That's not good... Hope he get to feeling better soon. Let me/us know when he comes out of hiding...lol.

Also, where and who can i go to about holding and maybe shooting one of these detonics?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I spoke with him today, he's feeling good and ready to come home as soon as the doctors give the stamp of approval.

As for holding one, they are currently very scarce. I got the first one released and I suspect there are only a couple dozen that have been shipped out of the factory so far. If you are ever up in NW Indiana you are welcome to try mine. It may be a few months before they become more commonly available.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Me too, but I don't have time to shoot this thing!!!

Sometimes you just have to make time. I will happily make the 2 hour drive up there to try it out, I have several newish firearms I need to shoot. Just say when. I can be free Sat- Tues afternoons most weeks. If Caleb can get the free time he could ride up with me. God knows I am certainly overdue for a good cigar as well...

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Sometimes you just have to make time. I will happily make the 2 hour drive up there to try it out, I have several newish firearms I need to shoot. Just say when. I can be free Sat- Tues afternoons most weeks. If Caleb can get the free time he could ride up with me. God knows I am certainly overdue for a good cigar as well...

Sounds good, however I don't smoke... :-/

Let me know ahead of time so I'll know I'd I got time....I wouldn't mind shooting a few rounds of the kimber as well! :)

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Sounds good, however I don't smoke... :-/

Let me know ahead of time so I'll know I'd I got time....I wouldn't mind shooting a few rounds of the kimber as well! :)

I would never hold that against ya LOL. If Mellensdad comes up with the time shooting the Kimber wont be a problem I will also bring my new XDM 3.8

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I would never hold that against ya LOL. If Mellensdad comes up with the time shooting the Kimber wont be a problem I will also bring my new XDM 3.8

Sweet...detonics/kimber/xdm shoot out! Let me know day and time...what ammo are you guys ok with shooting through the guns?

Top Bottom