• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    So I took my rookie self to the range today for the first time and put 200 rounds through my newest pal, a Gen 4 Glock 23. I was a bit anxious about trying it out after all the bad reviews I've seen, but aside from 1 round getting caught in the slide everything went perfectly. And, I must say I am pretty darn good shot for a first timer I think :rockwoot:

I did notice a couple of things that maybe I get get some advice on....

1. My shots tend to go down and to the right.
    2. I shot much better the futher away I put the target.

Is there anything that you can tell I need to correct given this info? :ar15:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice and after that all that you will notice improvements. rarely will you ever pick a gun you arent used to and shoot perfect everytime

what side of town you on???

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Just getting used to your trigger pull. DAO takes awhile. If you're like me, at a greater distance, you'll take quite a bit more time bearing down on it.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Concentrate on pulling that trigger straight back towards your body. You can always practice by doing some dry firing and trying to keep that front sight perfectly steady.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    My first gun was a Glock 23, I had the exact same problem, consistently shooting low and right. Just takes practice and make sure those sights are aligned when the trigger breaks.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I don't get to the range as much as I would like, but I find I do better taking my time an not firing as many rounds. I think you get tired after alot of firing and don't shoot as well. Maybe I just need to shoot more!

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    what a buddy of mine suggest with me was dry fire with a penny balanced behind the front site.

Ooooooh I'll have to try that!

I thought it might be my trigger pull so I tried different finger positions and seemed to be most accurate with the actual joint of my finger on the trigger instead of my fingerpad. I think it was helping me pull straight back. I was still shooting low though. Of course, there was plenty of anticipation when I was pulling the trigger slowly and that screwed up my aim big time.

They never have to consider all this in the movies. I thought you just point, fire, and hit the bullseye every time :ugh:

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Congrats on a good practice session!

Accuracy.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Go to a pistol training class. If you've never taken professional instruction, don't assume you can correct your own errors. Get help! It's worth it!

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I tend to shoot about 20 rounds and take a break for about 5 minutes then shoot another 20, till I hit what ever my target goal for round count is that particular day. Luckily my range is not busy all the time so I can have as much time as I want. I find this keeps you from fatiguing and helps with accuracy, But thats just me.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Glk 23

I think Glk Gen 4 has different backstraps? Try each one and also
    watch where your finger sets on the trigger. Too much finger, too little finger. Watch the front sight. What ammo are you using? Target loads?
    PD?

tobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Any suggestions on good "Shooting 101" books that may help a beginner correct shooting problems

Top Bottom