• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Quick look and I didn't see a thread for these so Sharing for Info and to spread the word:

Courtesy of Sgt.P and IMAGC: (sharing for the NON-FBk Folks)

We've all heard rumors, and some of us have been called conspiracy nuts for saying it, but the facts are out- DHS and other government agencies are buying up and hoarding the ammunition supply in America, making ammo virtually unobtainable ...to the public.
    Now some in congress want to do something about it.

S. 843 in the Senate and H.R. 1764 in the House are identical bills labled as:
    Ammunition Management for More Obtainability Act of 2013

The simple 2 page bill states that no government agency other than the Department of Defense may purchase or possess more ammunition than the average ammount of ammunition purchased by that agency per month from 2001 to 2009. This prohibition will last for 6 months after the passing of the bill.

Within this 6 months, the Comptroller General of the United States shall submit to Congress a report regarding the purchasing of ammunition by agencies, which shall include an assessment of the effect of the purchasing of ammunition by agencies on the supply of ammunition available to the public.

By controlling the ammunition supply to the public, these agencies put a boot on our necks and effectively created their own form of gun controll that did not have to pass congress.
    Contact our Senators and Representatives today. Tell them to support S843 and HR1764 and force these agencies to stop keeping the ammo supply from reaching the public.

Links via POPVOX for Comments:
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s843

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr1764

jonboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    sounds like another useless bill from congress. the government orders are not the reason for the shortage its the millions of people hoarding ammo because they were freaked out by the threat of gun control.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    sounds like another useless bill from congress. the government orders are not the reason for the shortage its the millions of people hoarding ammo because they were freaked out by the threat of gun control.

Don't forget the guys buying it up and gouging it in the parking lots of the very stores they're purchasing it from.

Yeah I know, capitalism at it's finest, but let's not forget about them.

dantrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Steuben Co.
    I see nothing wrong with these bills and hope both of them pass. I will contact our reps and encourage others to do the same.
    IMHO, I see reason for homeland security to be purchasing so much ammunition without explanation. Please don't forget they are buying this ammo/vehicles/weapons with your tax money. I say eliminate funding to homeland security!

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I see nothing wrong with these bills and hope both of them pass. I will contact our reps and encourage others to do the same.
    IMHO, I see no reason for homeland security to be purchasing so much ammunition without explanation. Please don't forget they are buying this ammo/vehicles/weapons with your tax money. I say eliminate funding to homeland security!

Fixed it for you....
    Amen! The Second Ammendment IS our original Homeland Security!

Top Bottom