• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    unfortunately, it was dark out and no pics. had a few close friends over for a ATF party (not in that particular order), and two of their lady friends had never shot a firearm before. so we took them outside, gave them .22's and let them shoot the giant hill behind the house, they loved it. at midnight, had 6 of us lined up and made a lot of noise (i was not the only in one in bfe doing so, lol.) today, spend the day outside with a bonfire, and one of my friends and his now a shooter gf, and shot pop cans and the dueling tree. all together, a great way to welcome new shooters into our community and ring in the new year. everyone went home with the same number of holes they came with and had a blast
    :ar15:

mfirem19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Grant County
    Very nice Jve153 had a similar experience with my niece. She had never shot a gun before and my dad and I took her out shooting. Had a marlin .22. We of course showed all of the safety features and the typical rules of handling a gun. My dad showed her how to use the sights and fired a few rounds in front of her to familiarize her with the sound. She then took over. We only had one problem. We didn't bring enough ammo for her to shoot. We only brought 100 rounds and I'm not sure a thousand would have been enough. Fun to turn people onto the joy of the sport of shooting.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i too welcomed my new shooters with a marlin .22. a 795 to be exact
    THard, i am sorry. it was kind of a last minute event, only had 6 people over.

Bret B

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Had the same thing on 4 July . My wife had never shot before but one of her girlfriends finally got her to do it. Now she wants a new gun of her own. I think it is great, but I don't know if I can bring myself to buy a pink gun.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    We also had a new shooter for my annual new years eve shooting party. My buddy got his gf a bersa 380 for Christmas and she got to shoot it for the first time. With a little instruction and some practice she was shooting pretty good by the end of the day. Had mixed feelings about shooting with the current ammo panic but it has become a tradition. We had a great time with a bonfire in the snow. Great way to bring in the new year!!

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    My sister in law wants to learn how to shoot so the family is coming over this weekend for some firearm safety instruction and then plink a bit. I'll be starting her out with the 22 and perhaps a centerfire will show up. I hope to get her into a FASC and later a CC course this Spring. Now if I could only get my wife to shoot!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    unfortunately, it was dark out and no pics. had a few close friends over for a ATF party (not in that particular order), and two of their lady friends had never shot a firearm before. so we took them outside, gave them .22's and let them shoot the giant hill behind the house, they loved it. at midnight, had 6 of us lined up and made a lot of noise (i was not the only in one in bfe doing so, lol.) today, spend the day outside with a bonfire, and one of my friends and his now a shooter gf, and shot pop cans and the dueling tree. all together, a great way to welcome new shooters into our community and ring in the new year. everyone went home with the same number of holes they came with and had a blast
    :ar15:

You need to invite me next time! I'm only about 5 minutes away in Greenwood. :p

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    its a do-all outdoors, cheap, and effective, i cant afford a bobcat steel or action target one at this time. just moved in to the house so disposable income has been going into stuff for it, not much extra at the moment for toys. i will be getting a lot of bobcat steel toys over the summer to hang up on the hill.

mike63502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    sounds like a great time. I have met very few people who dont like to shoot if they get the chance to actually try it. Most gun haters have no idea what they hate. They are just going with the liberal media.

Top Bottom